• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Idle timer?

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Reaction score
Sling,

What's the time limit for sitting idle, with the site just open on my desktop, before it treats me as having logged out and back in? Looks like less than half an hour.

So long as I know, I can work with it, but more like an hour would be ideal. Thanks.

I haven't given up on those strike out tags!

I have left the site open all night & it has never logged me out.

Once I sober up I'll have a look but I think it's like 900 minutes....I suspect a problem on your end with cookies. If you are online at your office have the IT guys fix it....:biglol:

Don't have it clear cookies, or do so manually, and have it remember your password. I have never been logged or timed out unless I clear cookies.

Are you talking about when you look at new posts?

I look at the threads this way and if you leave it sitting for about 20 minutes, then navigate to the home page the number of new posts will reset to a very low amount usually only 10 at the most...

Are you talking about when you look at new posts?

I look at the threads this way and if you leave it sitting for about 20 minutes, then navigate to the home page the number of new posts will reset to a very low amount usually only 10 at the most...

THat's it exactly! I have to log out if I put kids to bed or something, or I lose posts. After all, if I ignore someone here, I want it to be on purpose. :wow:

Ok....all sobered up now, It's 900 seconds (15 minutes).

You want this changed because why?

Because she's a woman. :laugh: Geez, boss, looks like you would've known that one without asking!

I DON'T want all the new posts to disappear after 15 minutes because, unilike some people around here, I juggle a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520