• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Inazone XC-8

I let it sit for about 40 min, hit it with some sandpaper then another 30 with the Strypeze.

I cleaned it up and now it's in a bath of acetone. Going to let it soak overnight.

I have a set of left handed irons I want to refinish. I was thinking of getting a cheap sandblaster box, as they are worn through on the plating. Im getting tired of the crap finishes on woods and refinishing metal isnt wasted knowledge.

Specifically I would love to know how to make that chrome black they use. It has to be easy and cheap or they wouldnt do it.

I have a set of left handed irons I want to refinish. I was thinking of getting a cheap sandblaster box, as they are worn through on the plating. Im getting tired of the crap finishes on woods and refinishing metal isnt wasted knowledge.
I was actually looking at cheap sandblasters at tractor supply for that very reason. I'd also like to start refinishing putters.

I think the one I looked at hooked up to an air compressor which is why I held off at the time. But guess what this guy got for Christmas? Yup, an air compressor! :)

I think it's black oxide. Not sure how to make that magic happen.
There are gun bluing kits you can buy. It makes raw steel look like black ox. It works pretty slick too, I've done it. all the chrome has to be gone. Stripping chrome is tough.

I think it's black oxide. Not sure how to make that magic happen.
You can buy the chemicals to do it online. It's not cost effective unless you have a lot of stuff to do...like a bunch of impact sockets and other tools. I can't remember prices but it was more than I wanted to pay to black oxid that M100 putter. $150 for a kit maybe? Even then results may vary.

You can buy the chemicals to do it online. It's not cost effective unless you have a lot of stuff to do...like a bunch of impact sockets and other tools. I can't remember prices but it was more than I wanted to pay to black oxid that M100 putter. $150 for a kit maybe? Even then results may vary.
I think you are correct. I looked into it at one point and that's how I found the gun bluing idea. It turns raw metal black, it's really cool and actually looks pretty good. Its not as good as from the mfg, but the kit was only $20 or so.

I was actually looking at cheap sandblasters at tractor supply for that very reason. I'd also like to start refinishing putters.

I think the one I looked at hooked up to an air compressor which is why I held off at the time. But guess what this guy got for Christmas? Yup, an air compressor! :)
I have a Jenny that I got after killing several porter cable pancake compressors. Its small but puts out 7.3cfm. It will do a small blast job.

Sandblasting putters makes them have an awesome look. I still have an old Callaway Titanium TT2 head in the basement that I will never part with. I think there's a thread around here about it. I'll try and find it.

Here it is: http://www.shottalk.com/threads/putter-pics-winter-projects.24299/#post-285894

That head is Ti, so your milage may vary. But it comes out very even and solid looking. Then, you can either seal it or just oil it and re-oil as necessary. Ti doesn't rust, but I digress.

Glass beads and some patience. Comes out looking like a million dollars.

R35

Did he remill the face? I wouldnt think so but it looks that good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520