• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Interesting

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played a few holes last night with a friend. Like an idiot I forget my putter (I had it in the boot of my car) so I putted with my 2 iron. I thought that would screw my round but I was +4 for 12 holes! :)

Holed from 6ft., 12ft and 20ft. Granted I missed a few makeable ones but I was surprised at how good my speed and direction was. The dropped shots were mostly from poor drives.

Remember Ben Crendshaw in the Ryder Cup several years ago? After he put his putter across his knee he was forced to finish his match putting a la duece. From memory he did OK, although a young Darcy still sorted him out.

OT: was Eamonn Darcy ever young?

Didn't Daly snap one over his knee and finish a tourney putting with his driver?

You are a such a manly man, I haven't carried a 2 iron in 15 years...:laugh:

Did I mention the Shocking Pink grip and the Lilac shaft? :laugh:

Actually it's a very forgiving club the M675. The 2 iron has a rolled bulge and plays a bit like a driving iron / hybrid. When I catch it on the sweet spot it goes a mile but it is also relatively forgiving for a forged blade.

MacGregor Golf : Irons : M675 Forged Blades

Look at Club Views : pic 05 to see what I mean.

There's nothing like the beauty of a forged blade...your clubs are really classy....my new TM's are really ugly. I've played about 5-6 rounds with them and every time I put the club behind the ball I think, "that is one ugly golf club". Thick topline etc.

But then when I knock it right on the green, I think a bit differently...

I hit a ton of GIR's yesterday but had three DB's that skunked my round.

While grilling on Monday night, I took my six iron out of the bag and took some practice swings with it...then failed to return it to the bag.

I needed it on two key shots yesterday and of course, it wasn't there. I ended up with a DB on one hole when I smoked the 5 iron past over the green and into the deep stuff and a bogey on a par 3 when I did the same.

MR. BRAINFART.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427