• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is Anchoring Ban Really 'for the Good of the Game'?

Ultimately it will be the or is the rule of the game whether we agree or not. I just think there are bigger issues with golf than anchoring.

Ultimately it will be the or is the rule of the game whether we agree or not. I just think there are bigger issues with golf than anchoring.

Pace of play gawd damn it!!!

Pace of play gawd damn it!!!
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking. no way a round should take 4 hours and 45 min. If a fat SOB like me can walk a course and play in 3.5 hrs tops, nobody should take longer! :D

That was my only complaint about the course in Arizona. The marshal or whatever he was came up to our group to warn us about pace of play when no one was behind us for several holes and we had been sitting there behind a two man group that was playing as quickly as my dead dog runs.

Horsesh*t. Integrity in its true meaning doesn't come into it.
I didn't say integrity of the players. I don't think any less of players that use it. I just believe the game is meant to be played by swinging the club. You can't swing an anchored club. In my opinion of course. Maybe the spirit of the game is a better way to put it.

They always 'ban' anything that helps older or novices.
Double chipper and putter heads
Slammin Sammies straddle the line crochet putting stroke
Smaller balls (the old euro balls)
An adjustable iron you could turn down to any degree during the round
VESTED INTERESTS
Let's have Tiger win some majors with his short stick before he's too old IMO.
Tiger was anti anchoring and guess what they did it his way

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking. no way a round should take 4 hours and 45 min. If a fat SOB like me can walk a course and play in 3.5 hrs tops, nobody should take longer! :D

U know I used to carry a light bag and walk 18 within 2 hours all the time.
Now I take a cart and guess what, it's still 1:45 minutes if no one in front of me.

And yeah, I'm not a 31" limber young stud now, I'm a mid 50's fat old rich SOB and proud of it.

I still say the ban is bullshit.

I didn't mind long putters, I love to play guys with long putters in the bag, I say, so you can't putt huh.

LOL

But recently I started seeing young phenoms around 13 with long putters. WTF man, you use that when you can't putt anymore (long putters). So I kinda agree with the ban, it was becoming a crutch to young players and when it was just a life preserver to old guys/girls, so what. But there's something about a 13 year old that can hit a 310 yard drive using a long putter by 13, it just doesn't look right. IMO

I think they could of banned it on tour and let amateurs do what they want, now you might have amateurs banned and the PGA allowing it.

I think this is the forum that has a hickory afficianado in it.
You know old clothes and old sticks and gutta balls.
I say give the sheep their job back, let them graze and crap all over the course, especially the greens. Never rake a bunker, it's a hazard man, sand only for tees, 100% wool knickers and coats, long beards, big hats and balls with feathers, that gutta ball is too far man. Let's get back to the real game. And professionals are of course BANNED from any real club. They're all scoundrels not real 'gentlemen'.

JK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422