• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is this El Nino??

Bravo

Reaction score
I think we are going to float away.

I am going online for Ark building plans as soon as I finish this post.

We had 10 inches of rain in November and it has rained three of the past six days. And tomorrow. I was lucky to get a round in yesterday morning before it started raining at about 12:30....

Is this an El Nino? My checks of Weather Channel showing it raining over much of North America..... :(

Bravo, I think I actually did hear our weatherman mention this as an El Nino winter. The weather is about the same here. We had a ten day stretch with 8" of rain with other areas south getting over 15". It was the second weekend in a month with no golf.

If they are right, it's suppose to let up after tonight. Please be right.

Hey, we could be Rockford with a broken snowblower so I guess it's not that bad. :p

We are experiencing El Nino effects this winter, just not as intense as it was a few years back (I golfed X-mas day that year, if you can believe that!)

All this wacky weather has to deal with the temperature of the water in the Pacific. It's up a few degrees, and this in turn drives our weather.

Man, what I would give for +15 right now.

That, and a snowblower tune up kit. :D

R35

If you were to give the amount of money it is for a return flight to northern Ireland I will put you up in my house feed you take you to my local course every day and the range at night. Im just that sort of guy.

You servin' Turkey?

Oh right, IG took your gobbler already.... :D

Question: Does the course you play at have any trees? Like, more than 6?

R35

I have won a couple of turkes I will give one to you greedy boy :D. And I play a parkland course and it is almost A american style course. I know the pictures are terrible but its all I could find at the minute I will get some proper photos soon.
bangor1.jpg
bangor2.jpg

The pic on the right reminds me of a couple of holes on my junior home club.

It has Bermuda sand bunkers and is super lush. You'd never expect it to be as good as it is if you saw and pictures of where I live.

Funny, alot of courses like that around here are like that now that I think of it. Yet, some suck.

R35

The course is good it is 6500 yrds long alot of interesting holes but no water hazards. Are you sure your course doesn't look like the people in the club house must be snowed in. :D
rf course.jpg

Looks like a love bed :D

I forgot to add it was 25 degress on the day those pictures were taking at Bangor so it is nce weather sometimes. And rf35 can take 1 of the girls from my party back to his bed the girl might not be to immpresed his privates my be a bit cold if you know what I mean. :D

DaveE said:
Bravo, I think I actually did hear our weatherman mention this as an El Nino winter. The weather is about the same here. We had a ten day stretch with 8" of rain with other areas south getting over 15". It was the second weekend in a month with no golf.

If they are right, it's suppose to let up after tonight. Please be right.

Hey, we could be Rockford with a broken snowblower so I guess it's not that bad. :p

Well it blew through here again at about 7:30 am - just in time to take the kids to school....sunny now.

I told the Czar of our Saturday group to put me in for next Saturday morning.

Hope the course can dry out some by then.....

Your kids go to school at 7.30what time does school dtart for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520

3. 15,300