• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's becoming only for the wealthy

Its one thing to disenfranchise the NFL fans but now fans of PUBLIC institutions.

Z....

This is the theme of my post exactly...these aren't professional teams. They are public universities, funded largely by taxpayer dollars and they are pushing around their alumni and fans like cattle. Those fans with enough money (and willingness to spend it) are fueling it.

The interesting fact of the matter is that the major college football programs are indeed consderably more popular than NFL teams. The demand for tickets is undeniably higher - hence the size of college stadiums vs NFL.

I predict that if the ticket demand continues, within 15 years there will be 30 college teams with 100,000 seat stadiums. This ain't gonna happen in the NFL

Example: State College PA is a relatively small town with a 100K stadium vs. Giants Stadium in NJ which holds about 80K in a metro area of 15M people...

I'm an 'electronic fan' now....maybe I'll rustle up enough $$ to see one Bama game this year....I'd love to see a Wisconsin game BTW....

If your up at Madison on "Game Day" tickets can be bought on Regent Street in front of Camp Randall for a reasonable price $28 -$60 as kick-off approaches. Home Coming or a ranked opponent "not so much". The "Jump Around" routine between third and 4th quarters and the 5th Quarter performance by the UW Band and students is worth the price of admission.
Been to see the Packers play and Badgers play and would much rather see the Badgers. BTW I'm an alum. Could you tell?

If you are an alum "O still sucks". Actually "M s**ks P". Some things never change.

Getting in to see a Basketball game at Kohl Center. Only women's unless you want it real bad. Hockey has been sold out too. Crew is still free.:laugh: Volleyball great deal at $7 and outstanding wrestling at $7. Softball $5 to $10. Track????

Z:

I don't know if you want to read this entire article or not. It's from the morning paper....

al.com: Everything Alabama

Alabama fans have bought Vanderbilt SEASON TICKETS so they can see this weekend's game in Nashville. You read that right.

Alabama fans own seats to seven Vanderbilt home games so they can watch the Alabama-Vanderbilt game. Of course, they have no interest in the other six games so they are either going to try to sell these tickets somehow or simply throw them away.

Now that's demand.

I love that my beloved Lobos suck half the time.

Makes for cheap football, especially as a student.

The bright side of the picture is that tickets for Michigan fans should be more reasonable after their opening day fiasco. :laugh:

Example: State College PA is a relatively small town with a 100K stadium vs. Giants Stadium in NJ which holds about 80K in a metro area of 15M people...
Although people up here will drive 4 hours to see a Penn State game. It is just nuts, you have guys that went to smaller PA colleges driving that distance to see a team that is not even their alma mater.

BTW, the Giants/Jets just broke ground on the new complex yesterday which will still only seat 82.5k. Another one very close to home, as it is a $1.3 Billion venture that is being completed by my wifes company.

Yeah, but I'll bet you can get a great price on Basketball tickets, unless of course they are playing KU. :D

Can't agrue with that one. KU actually looks pretty good this year in FB though.

Meh. I'd rather spend the money seeing an Open anyway, or the Masters.

$99 for end zone seats and $175 for sideline!!! I can be playing golf on some nice courses for that $$$$. I'll read about it in the sports page if I have to jump through all those hoops.

Life is too short to pay big $$$ to watch "other" people play.

Just do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427