• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

James Patrick joins Titleist

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.golfwrx.com/121244/james-patrick-joins-titleist/

Wedgemaker James “Patrick” Harrington has announced on his website that he has joined Titleist “to further advance my passion and creativity” with wedges.
For years, there has been speculation that Titleist has been looking for a wedgemaker to succeed legendary wedge maker Bob Vokey, for whom the company’s current line of wedges is named. Vokey, 73, has suffered several health problems in recent years, including kidney cancer in 2008.
Harrington, 30, has a reputation as one of the best wedge grinders in the industry. He had a well publicized split with Edel Golf in January 2011, and has since been producing handmade wedges for his own company, James Patrick Golf, which he founded in his home state of Wisconsin.
Harrington did not make clear what role he would take with Titleist, only saying that the company is “providing the resources needed to continue to explore the unending pursuit of creating the world’s finest wedges.”
He thanked his fans for “helping to build the foundation,” and said that move to Titleist is “the next step in the journey of my life’s work.”

Out of my price range, but the guy builds beautiful wedges.

awww.jamespatrickgolf.com_i_wedge_over_view_banner.jpg

awww.mygolfspy.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_01_jp_wedges_14.jpg

asouthfloridagolfmagazine.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_01_jp6_1024x683.jpg

awww.golfwrx.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_07_14030_10151821505136102_1986971516_n.jpg

Art is in the eye of the beholder, but I am not a fan of 99% of the stuff that guys makes.

To each their own, and I wish him the best at Titleist.

R35

My first thought upon seeing the thread title was, "who the hell is James blah blah blah and who cares?" That's just me though. (Note the end of post disclaimer for those who are going to blast my every bit of existence for casting my opinion on you.)

Those wedges are hideous, IMO. What's with the 3 dots? Is that his signature?

I'm a big fan of simple, classic looks. I am also really digging the Cally wedges I picked up- X Forged Vintage- they feel great.

Cleveland wedges have gone downhill since Riger Cleveland left- imagine that.

I was in an anonymous golf store and bitched at the price of cameron putters and the guy said its a helluva more important club than driver and drivers are pushing 500.00 and people pay that for 14 strokes so im wrong. I agreed with him that I was wrong. Im not gonna pay it but many somebodies are obviously buying at that price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520