• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Job Application ?

crabby

Reaction score
I have worked as a carpenter for the same company for the past 21 years building water and waste water treatment plants. Last October I was laid off for lack of work and they have no bids coming up. I just learned of a job opening (non-construction) that is related to the type of projects we build that I should quilify for. My question is since I have not fill out a job application in 21 years which would be better a cover letter or a resume? Or are they basiclly the same thing?

Your resume is attached to the back of the cover letter. The letter is usually something written out to the HR group who will be responsible in picking your resume over others. Basically anything to get you a leg up goes in here. It's meant to be more personal, to show your human side over the more stagnant resume listings that is attached.

Show them who you really are. Make sure to include the "keywords" from the job listing and don't be afraid to show your skillset within this letter. It makes you appear more real and gives you a character that people are more apt to remember.

Good luck with the application. :thumbs up:

R35

just dont included nude pics of yourself.(it doesnt help)

just dont included nude pics of yourself.(it doesnt help)
Sounds like a personal problem to me! :laugh:

If you know anyone at the company you're considering, see if they can get you a personal interview away from the office...maybe meet for a drink after work. A resume/application doesn't compare to a face to face meeting.

Sounds like a personal problem to me! :laugh:

If you know anyone at the company you're considering, see if they can get you a personal interview away from the office...maybe meet for a drink after work. A resume/application doesn't compare to a face to face meeting.
Just dont get piss-ass drunk...or go streaking...that doesnt help either.

niether does boning the bosses wife

Unless she is part owner of the company and has hiring abilities, in that case, make sure you do a damn good job of boning her!:laugh:

Oh, and good luck BTW!!!!!

Thanks guys for all the great help. The job is with my local government. Not to jinxs myself I have a gut feeling (and a big gut to go with it) I might get it. The job has not gone public yet it is still in internal status. As far as sending nude photos of myself with my application, or getting stupid drunk and streaking, that might work. After seeing that they would probably end up with a long term disabillity, which means more chances of employment (process of elimination) ;). As far as boning the bosses wife a mans got to do what got to do to get a head in life. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for all the great help. The job is with my local government. Not to jinxs myself I have a gut feeling (and a big gut to go with it) I might get it. The job has not gone public yet it is still in internal status. As far as sending nude photos of myself with my application, or getting stupid drunk and streaking, that might work. After seeing that they would probably end up with a long term disabillity, which means more chances of employment (process of elimination) ;). As far as boning the bosses wife a mans got to do what got to do to get a head in life. :rolleyes:
Crabby....your a good man.

but seriously...only 68 posts since august of '05??? Man you need to get with it. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520