• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jordan Spieth: 'All Parts Were Firing'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
IT WAS MUCH MORE THAN A HAWAIIAN VACATION for Jordan Spieth. The 2015 PGA Tour Player of the Year picked up where he left off last year by running away with the Hyundai Tournament of Champions at Kapalua. Spieth's 30-under total was good for a whopping eight-shot win over Patrick Reed. He is only the second player in tour history to reach 30-under, the other being Ernie Els at the same event in 2003.

"I felt like it was a short three-week break," Spieth said about his seventh PGA Tour victory in 77 starts. "Continue what we were doing last year. That's the way I'll keep on thinking about it. It worked this week. All parts were firing."

I'll say.

The Tiger Woods comparisons are as plentiful as birdies in the Maui sunshine, but Spieth wants none of it.

"I don't think there's any reason to compare. It's awfully early. We're excited about where we're at to start our career. What Tiger has done, I can't imagine ever being done."

Starting the final round with a five-stroke lead, the 22-year-old Texan didn't let his foot off the gas. He fired a tidy 6-under 67 in the final round. It was the fifth time he turned a 54-hole lead into a victory.

Spieth knows how to close, that's for sure.

Source: Jordan Spieth: 'All Parts Were Firing'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520