• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Keeping up your golf swing

Debletts

Reaction score
in the winter months when you live in a place that has a real winter? I was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions or golf training aids that they use in the winter months to keep up on their swing? We live in Wyoming and I really want to improve this year, but know that I'll be unable to practice all winter!

You could grab one of those Momentus weighted swing trainer clubs. That way even though you aren't able to play, you're keeping your muscles trained. May not be the best way.. but I think it will help you much more than if you just put your game on hold until Winter subsides.

.. then again, what would I know ---> I live in southern CA where our "real" winter is 50 degree days 40 degree nights. ;)

in the winter months when you live in a place that has a real winter? I was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions or golf training aids that they use in the winter months to keep up on their swing? We live in Wyoming and I really want to improve this year, but know that I'll be unable to practice all winter!

I'm not too far away in Utah, but grew up in North Dakota. My answer, I built a net, bought a golf mat, and tee it up in the garage all year!

I used to swing my irons indoor until one day I put a big dent in the ceiling and that was that. I also used to practice chipping unitl one day I broke the electrical outlet panel. Now, I just practice putting.

Since, my move down to Hotlanta, I can pretty much golf/practice year round.

Warbirdlover,

I noticed from your other threads that you live near Chicago area. Have you been up to Kohler, WI to play the whistling straits golf course? I'm hoping to play it next year when I get up to Chicago, that and maybe Blackwolf run if I can afford it.

atlgolfer I have played Whistling Straits and black wolf run they are both amazing courses but my family makes it a once a year thing instead of a vacation to go play a super expensive golf course.

I actually do not think it's a good idea to do too much pracitcing without hitting the ball. I did this "in the slot" drill off Golf or Golf digests website (can't remember). Anyway this drill looked to be just what I needed, I could do it in my living room. It was pure crap and had me getting so fricken steep I put a skymark in my 5iron, well maybe not that steep but it was worthless.
icon10.gif

I usually play when it's above freezing and go to the ranges with the heated booths. There is an indoor one but it's like 130 to the wall. I like to just dress in thermal layers and a winter hat, throw a half dozen balls in my cargo pants and go to the course.

Those two courses (Whisling Straits and Blackwolf Run) are both up around Kohler about 40 miles north of Milwaukee. I'm about 30 miles south of Milwaukee so not that far. Never played them because my ego couldn't take it (they are TOUGH) and my wallet couldn't take it (and EXPENSIVE). I want to get on Geneva Lakes (Trevino course) which is just as good and much cheaper ($100). The guy that basically taught me my swing many years ago held (or still holds?) the amateur record at Blackwolf Run. He was very good. If you get there his name is Kim Masterson (nickname "Matt").

I do not know, here even in the winter you can find some days to golf, its cold, but usually not too bad for snow.

I have a indoor range near by thank god, it helps keep me in the groove all winter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520