• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Las Vegas massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would make the argument that any firearm, in the wrong persons hands, has the ability to cause this kind of destruction.
And I would counter with, do you really believe that a musket could lay waste to hundreds of people from a 32nd floor window at a hundred yards in a few minutes? A pistol? A hunting rifle? A shotgun? Do you really believe that?

Let's not forget that in OKC 168 people lost their lives to a panel van full of fertilizer. Both of which are still readily available.

I'm a heavyset dude, always have been. Is it the spoons fault I'm overweight?
And this is always the argument. Well, it's usually "should we ban cars too?" Spoons were made for eating. Vans and fertilizer were made for transport and gardening. Guns have one purpose: to destroy/kill things. That is the only reason guns exist.

IMHO, it is a people issue and not a gun issue.
It's both, but not allowing people access to guns of this magnitude can help prevent this kind of shit. I get it, banning certain guns won't make them go away. It won't prevent other mass-shootings, I know this. But it is a start, which is better than burying our heads in the sand saying "there's nothing we can do."

And I would counter with, do you really believe that a musket could lay waste to hundreds of people from a 32nd floor window at a hundred yards in a few minutes? A pistol? A hunting rifle? A shotgun? Do you really believe that?

And this is always the argument. Well, it's usually "should we ban cars too?" Spoons were made for eating. Vans and fertilizer were made for transport and gardening. Guns have one purpose: to destroy/kill things. That is the only reason guns exist.

It's both, but not allowing people access to guns of this magnitude can help prevent this kind of shit. I get it, banning certain guns won't make them go away. It won't prevent other mass-shootings, I know this. But it is a start, which is better than burying our heads in the sand saying "there's nothing we can do."
I do not disagree with you but this is a pretty big issue and I understand you are close to it and therefore hits harder. I'm going to think on this a bit before I give a full retort.

Yeah, I'm emotional about this stuff and its political implications are inevitable.

I've said my piece and do not wish to further devolve this thread into a political shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35