• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lock up ya daughters!!

dave.

Reaction score
In my rapid descent into the Langers, my last 4 putters have gradullay got bigger, uglier and have more of the MOI stuff, trying to control my shaking hands. This is humungously ugly and big, the Guerin Rife 2 bar hybrid mallet, even the name is shit.

Anyway, you can alter the lie yourself with a special tool ie a piece of plastic that bends things, which works, and you have 2 sets of weights, light and heavy. Mine is a 34" putter and I've used the heavy weights. I have made the ie angle a little bit more upright but until I get it cut to 33.5" I can't really get it right. You have a 2 site lines to ensure you have the right lie angle and get into the same address position every time, this really is a simple and very effective way of lining up. You can see them on the first pic, the notch on the top line and the longer white line below, you line them up and bingo.

They make claims the grooves grab the ball and with low loft it has great roll,

Two Bar Putter RollGroove Technology In Action!

Does this work? Well, on the forums opinions are divided, but all I can say is the roll is superb, best I've had since the Odyssey Black, this just seems to start rolling straight away, no skidding at all.

So far its got me rocking back and through, and I am hoping that when I back weight at 33.5" it will be even better.

Its big, ugly, heavy but its jewel in the crown is the lining aid, its very very good, and with the changable weights, a great headcover, the lie angle adjuster and free DVD (which is pretty good) this putter is great value.

Review of how well I putt coming up.

View attachment afarm3.static.flickr.com_2144_2351188373_2fca43e916.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.jpg

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3155_2351188587_14563c0aee.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.jpg

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2118_2352017766_106a10caed.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.jpg

The Guerin Rife's groove technology is the best in the business IMHO. Of all the grooved putters; Yes!, TM's AGSI, and Guerin Rife, the Guerin Rife has the best roll followed by Yes! and lastly TM whose AGSI insert face did nothing for me. When I was experimenting with a Rife in Golfsmith a while back I was amazed how well it rolled. Short putts were almost automatic.

Looking forward to your review after you get it out on the greens.

Now cut to 33", went a bit shorter, Pingman blackout with a 60g backweight at the top of the shaft and the heavier weights in the head, static weight 520g

oops, it weighs 600g, forgot to adjust the scales

52g grip
100g backweight
100g shaft
345 head

That will be the day when I need a hybrid for my putting :laugh:.
Let us know how it works for you on the golf course, I'll be curious to know since you add a bunch of weight and counter weight to it, it's an ultimate hybrid putter ever.

dave have you ever given thought to a bigger grip?

could be something to consider if your stroke seems 'handsy'

cheaper experiment than a new putter too.

Dave can I have the bolts sticking out of the end? Only if you don't need them.:laugh:

No you can't:)

I hate big grips, I get no feel, which is bizarre, because I havent any to strt with. I have always used a Pingman and everytime I use one of the fatter flabby softies I always give it a go but start to loath it, the Rife grip came off in ten minutes.

Its now backweighted and cut and already I am starting to understand I may have had far to much wrist in the stroke, this putter, at 600g and a 100g back wieght (home made!) is helping to promote a smooth back and through. Almost Pelz'esque, which is making me cry, but I think I need to feel the pain.

2 hrs yesterday and 1 today and I wonder how on earth I hit putts with my last few putters. I clearly need forgiving large heads to aid the stroke, I simply don't play enough for a blade, nor am I good enough now, just getting old. Its clear I have the yips, and need to work on confidence and particularly routine, who at the moment consists of cacking myself behind the ball, blubbing at the side of the line and dribbling behind the hole, then cacking myself again.

But a putter with a 360g head, at 33", and a 70g backweight clearly help me to at least take the hands and wrists out of the stoke. The roll is good, very good, and no need for a forward press, hands need to be over the ball, so I am weaning off an Anser forward press.

Just got to sort my head out now.

I like what its doing, promoting a back and through stroke, its also very forgiving, has great roll and great feel.

I will declare I like it when and if I sink more putts on the course. I pick up my last putter now and it feels like a tiny butter knife

I pick up my last putter now and it feels like a tiny butter knife

well it would do considering that new yoke weights as much as a small country

Exactly, I need something big to wield to get rid of the yips

I like that Rife hybrid putter. I tried it out at the PGA show a couple of months ago and was impressed at how well the ball rolled with it.

It comes of the face perfectly, not to fast or slow, and with a lovely soft feel due to the grooves, and more importantly as you say, the roll is genuinley very very good, it just gets rolling immediately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520