• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Loft/Lie

Maybe I'm awfully stupid, but if a club works for you at a certain distance, regardless of whether it is off a degree or two, what's the difference? You get used to, say a 9 iron that gets you to the green at 150yds and you rely on it, who cares if it's off a degree or two? Now, if you're changing to a different set of clubs you'd want them to match the old set and maybe then you'd be concerned if they were off. I'm surprised that anyone who is not a pro would not be able to adjust his swing or stance to compensate for the difference. We're not machines, we're humans who think and react to changing situations.

For me it's the same as picking the right tool for the job and keeping my irons at the specs that work for me.

Maybe I'm awfully stupid, but if a club works for you at a certain distance, regardless of whether it is off a degree or two, what's the difference? You get used to, say a 9 iron that gets you to the green at 150yds and you rely on it, who cares if it's off a degree or two? Now, if you're changing to a different set of clubs you'd want them to match the old set and maybe then you'd be concerned if they were off. I'm surprised that anyone who is not a pro would not be able to adjust his swing or stance to compensate for the difference. We're not machines, we're humans who think and react to changing situations.
Well of course. We call that "liking the club;). Its when we do this thing called "not liking the club" that causes us to go buy new ones or check their loft and lie.:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

If I were to keep beating balls without getting them checked, eventually my lofts would be so out of whack I could no longer use my normal 150 yard club from 150. It's simple, really.

The last round I played I noticed that my 7i was acting a little goofy. The ball flight was a little lower, and the ball was going a little further than normal while my other irons were acting normal (bad, but normal). I decided this was as good as any other time to have the loft and lie checked on the set. My guy noticed that the 7i shaft was slightly bent causing the face to close up a tad. I never noticed it. Gotta pay better attention to my equipment.

Bent shaft? What did you do? Lean on it waiting for your shot?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back