• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Low launch shafts

LyleG

gear head
I am looking to put a shaft in a 10.5 Cleveland Launcher 460Ti. It currently has a ProForce 65 tour reserve SST pured shaft in it. I love the feel of this shaft, but hit it far to high. I like the accuracy of the 10.5 head, and hope that a lower launching shaft will help bring the ball flight down a bit.
I use this club primarily when my Callaway X460 tour gets stupid.

So can anyone recommend a low launching shaft that will have similar feel to the the ProForce line?

Welcome Lyle. :) I don't know if you'd want to try this but I put a strip of lead tape across the back of my 10.5. It brought the flight down considerably. I hit the Speeder in a 905R the other day and it felt great. Not sure if it was the weight or what but my swing speed was about 4-5 mph slower than with a 65G shaft. Rock and Nsherman know a lot more about shafts than me. I know Nsherman has an HTD in one of his drivers, I think that is a low-launcher.

If you like that ProForce you mentioned, try that Prolite that Andy touched on. It gives a nice low, boring trajectory.

Alot of guys find the Graf Blue low launching too. I don't, but that's me. I hit a high ball to begin with and this thing knocked it down to where it's perfect.

I liked the trajectory of the V2 as well.

R35

Rockford35 said:
I liked the trajectory of the V2 as well.

R35

R35, what weight did you use, I have found this shaft to be higher launching than the shafts I mentioned, as well as the Blue.

Well I decided to go with the Grafalloy NT prototype, 44.5 inches.

I was able to try this head shaft combo as the guy had one he had installed for another guy. It was a huge improvement over the ProForce 65.

Will let you know how it turns out after a week or two of hitting it.

AccuFLEX said:
R35, what weight did you use, I have found this shaft to be higher launching than the shafts I mentioned, as well as the Blue.

Both were 65g-ish.

My Blue that was in my GBBII and my current Blue are both S flex, tipped 0.5". I play with a regular foursome, and the other 3 guys can't get my club any more than 20 feet off the ground. But I hit it sky high...

The V2 was meshed with a Titleist, musta been a 983 series. I remember hitting the ball really low with that combo, 9.5* lofted head. I also hit it in a SE Viper ti head this spring and really liked it. It came off similar to my Blue. When I saw the price on the thing, it entered into my fairway wood sweepstakes, which was ultimately won by another brand (Mercury).

R35

LyleG said:
Well I decided to go with the Grafalloy NT prototype, 44.5 inches.

I was able to try this head shaft combo as the guy had one he had installed for another guy. It was a huge improvement over the ProForce 65.

Will let you know how it turns out after a week or two of hitting it.

WBL, Sling,

I rest my case.

R35

LyleG said:
I have no idea what any of this means?

Put Graf., Graffalloy, NT or heck, just shaft into the search and see the 874 posts about the NT from Rock. You'd think he actually would own one by now... Maybe at the end of the season they will drop below $44. :) Remember "Tucan" and the hibore, well, not quite that bad.

I still have no idea what WBL is? or Sling?

Honestly, I hate the internet sometimes. LOL

Sling, the sitemaster and Warbirdlover, the new #1 threadender. :) You have justified the greatness of the NT. Like anyone needed justification. I'll bet Tour Edge saw a 50% 3rd quarter increase based solely on Rock telling us how he was smashing the thing.
icon10.gif

ezra76 said:
Sling, the sitemaster and Warbirdlover, the new #1 threadender. :) You have justified the greatness of the NT. Like anyone needed justification. I'll bet Tour Edge saw a 50% 3rd quarter increase based solely on Rock telling us how he was smashing the thing.
icon10.gif

Ez you only hit half the nail, he not only said Rock was right about the shaft, but defacto agreed that that shaft combined with the Launcher is the bomb.:)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?