• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MacGregor M455's

This thread is like an Amsterdam sex show.

I've changed my mind I think I am going to look around and see what I can find.

Whatever.
You will not find a better set for anything close to this price.
Off to ebay they go.

You & I both know that, unfortunately for the kid he has no clue.

Dont you think thats a little unfair. Dont bash on him just because he decided that those irons werent for him.

I know i think that its a great price, and im sure most people do(and if not they should) but a person should not buy a iron set simply because its a great price.

Just think about it. If i offered up a set of Mizuno MP-32's for $150, which would be an amazing price, would you just pick them up without thinking. Those are playa's irons, of which that some of the best players in the world have had trouble hitting. Simply put, they are hard to hit.

If topflight were to buy these, it would be comparable to you and me and other ST'ers taking out a second mortgage. This is all his money, every cent of it.

So i think he has every right to say no to them, and that he shouldnt just buy them because they are a good deal.

Alright I'll buy them. Wait until tomorrow I will have some Pay Pal money from Footballking, for a down payment and I will come up with the rest later.

I've changed my mind I think I am going to look around and see what I can find.

Then perhaps he shouldn't have said he would take them & then decide not to & see what else he could find. The kid is all over the map in regards to clubs & what he states he wants. Look we all know he has no job & relys on his parents for any $$. All he had to do was be honest & tell me his mom said no. Perosnally I don't care if they sell or not, I don't need the $ & was seriously thinking about giving to a buddy as a wedding present. Just thought I would toss them up here & see if anyone wanted a shot at a good deal.

Then perhaps he shouldn't have said he would take them & then decide not to & see what else he could find. The kid is all over the map in regards to clubs & what he states he wants. Look we all know he has no job & relys on his parents for any $$. All he had to do was be honest & tell me his mom said no. Perosnally I don't care if they sell or not, I don't need the $ & was seriously thinking about giving to a buddy as a wedding present. Just thought I would toss them up here & see if anyone wanted a shot at a good deal.

Fair enough. and I completely agree that he shouldnt have said "Ill take them" and then back out, but i think we should cut him some slack.

I'm sorry WI-Golfer, next time I will talk to my parents, have the money, or be completely sure that I want something before I say anything. I just can't make up my mind on what I can afford.

It's all good, I have read your posts & you are like a jackrabbit on speed in regards to what you post & want vs anything you can remotely afford. Play what you have for now & forget about getting anything for awhile is my advice.

Yeah I think I will, maybe one more lesson or something.

Sold within 1/2 hr of being listed on Ebay.

It was all for the best on my behalf anyways, basically I ended up making about $50 more off fleabay than I would have here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520