• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Masters Food: A Tradition Unlike Any Other

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score

The Patrons Menu circa 2008. (Wally Baba/Flickr)​

TO MY KNOWLEDGE, I HAD NEVER EATEN a pimento cheese sandwich. Unless my parents served me one when I was a boy, in which case I ate every bite. That was the rule.

However, I ate at least one when I attended my first Masters in 2008. It's a tradition, and I can be duped by tradition, especially at Augusta National Golf Club. I have no regrets.

The crazy thing? Even if that pimento cheese had made me gag (it didn't) I was only out $1.50. I repeat, buck-fifty. (7% tax included.) Like most things Masters, the food prices were frozen in the 20th century.

Of course, I could have splurged and gotten a Master Club sandwich. That would have set me back $2.50. Throw in a bag of chips and a beer and I would have shelled out more than a Lincoln. Me and my big-spending ways.

Seriously, if you add up everything on the above Patrons Menu I don't think it comes to $30. The Masters is definitely in some kind of weird time warp.

Are you going this year? If so, try a pimento cheese sandwich. Be courageous.

(By the way, if you still need Masters tickets or Masters badges, they're still available.)

Food aside, I just hope the course will be in decent shape. I know it can be pretty nice at this time of year.

Sponsored by TicketCity.

Source: Masters Food: A Tradition Unlike Any Other

:( I just shelled out $7.50 for a turkey sandwich.

Edit: I do think it's funny that they consider Tylenol and aspirin to be "snacks."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520