• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Most challenging sport...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a question for the crew.

What is the most challenging sport and why? You can only pick one. It doesn't have to be something that you have played or witnessed first hand.

Polo appears to be the most outlandishly difficult to me. Golf is hard enough without playing from horseback.

Polo appears to be the most outlandishly difficult to me. Golf is hard enough without playing from horseback.

Thats a good one! I was thinking along the lines of Rugby or Cricket, but it could be just because I don't really understand either.

I do not think rugby requires an unnaturally specific skill set. Rugby, soccer, etc. would all be played reasonably well by a good athlete. Its skills are transferrable to and from a lot of other sports.

Polo, on the other hand... what the heck? I mean, really, people struggle to hit a golf ball when they're STANDING over it. People struggle more to hit it to a particular target! Now add in the uncertainty of trying to do all of the above FROM THE BACK OF A HORSE!! Seriously?!?

I respect rugby/soccer, don't get me wrong. I also think "hitting" in baseball or cricket is exceptionally difficult, but direction is not so important, thusly it doesn't top my list. Polo, by a long shot, based on everything I've seen.

I was prepared to debate the difficulty of hockey. It requires incredible hand eye cooridination, elite speed and strength, ability to move to dodge defenders trying to dismember you, and the whole thing is done on ice.

Polo I would agree would be equally if not more difficult. I hadn't thought of that one. Good one!

Hockey surely very difficult. Requires more strength/toughness. But you don't have to deal with the unpredictability of the horse beneath you. I think Hockey might be FUN, that's the difference. Never in my life would I want to try playing polo.

Hockey surely very difficult. Requires more strength/toughness. But you don't have to deal with the unpredictability of the horse beneath you. I think Hockey might be FUN, that's the difference. Never in my life would I want to try playing polo.

Agreed

That's tough to top SUX. Polo is a clear winner...unless there is some sport I'm overlooking.

Water polo. Looks like it'd be easy for the horses to drown....

Most challenging?? Wow! Skill? Required physical ability? Stamina? Mental?

Watched some Rugby a couple weeks ago. That must be challenging to run full speed into each other with no pads or other protection.
Boxing... Crawl into a ring with a competitor whose sole intent is to do you bodily harm. You know that practicing this sport will turn your brain to mush, leaving you unable to think and perform mental exercises on the same level as others of the human race.
My idiot kid runs marathons. Of course, he also loves to jump out of perfectly good airplanes. The physical and mental challenge of running 26 miles is something I cannot comprehend. Marathoning has to be one of the most challenging sports.
Or course, male pole dancing might............

I just finished my 2nd marathon...

No comparison in difficulty to other sports. You just need to be fit to run a marathon... hell I have seen fat old people run them as well. I wasn't planning on doing a full 26.2, but I felt good at the half and kept going. That was prob a mistake on my part since my longest training run was 10 miles LOL

What about Co-Ed Naked Porcupine Wrestling?

I've heard boxing, because it is incredibly draining, can last forever, and beats you to a pulp.

But no, the hardest sport...

Women (except for me).

I've heard boxing, because it is incredibly draining, can last forever, and beats you to a pulp.

But no, the hardest sport...

Women (except for me).
you are definitely an easy woman.

you are definitely an easy woman.
hmm3grin2orange.gif
Yes he is!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member