• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My 1st

Steve K

Reaction score
... so as the title says I dropped my first ever sand shot today for birdie on a par 3, it was freakin awesome. As for the rest of the round, I par'd 3 holes more holes and got 3 bogies however what really messed up what would have been my best 9 hole score ever was the 2 par 5's which I got 9's on today... It was rough.

I am not a bad sand player, but in about 7 years of golf I have never dropped one. It is one of the only realistic things I can think of that in golf that I have not accomplished in that time.

I am probably about as good out of the sand as my wife or slightly better, and in that same time frame I can remember seeing her sink at least 3, although I do manage to avoid the sand fairly well and much more than her. Then again, she has never had an Ace and only one eagle. :p

Have hit the stick many times and left quite a few right on the lip of the cup.

Good job!!!

Congratulations man. If I'm not mistaken, I think I've only holed one sand shot. The "one" was for an eagle on a par 5 though, lol. Usually, I consider out of the bunker and anywhere on the green a big accomplishment.
icon10.gif

Congrats! Only one here as well, but I suck from the sand.:prop:

I always hit the pin, and it's never pretty when it bangs off the pole.

My mantra ---sand is my friend!!!!!!!!. I would rather be in a trap than the rough. As long as the trap does not have rocks in it "the sand is my friend".

Congrats

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427