• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My New Irons

i think this will be interesting - the PI5's are nice looking, but not the most forgiving clubs I've ever tried
I'm not even sure I'd call them cavity backs...
good luck

Yeah I've herd they are "Gamer" Irons but if they have any forgiveness at all that will be more than I got right now.

Best of luck with your new sticks. Hit em long, hit em straight and don't hit too many of em.

Hey thanks. :) Heres the Wilson Staff Description.

Wilson Pi5 Performance Irons Features:
The unique back weighting of the Pi5 design goes from an undercut cavity in the long irons to a standard cavity back in the short irons. This design progressively moves the CG location giving players an arsenal of advantages-from a higher flight with more forgiveness to a lower, more controlled ball flight for maximum shot making capabilities- all with the soft feel of 431 stainless construction.

Sweet Spot
With a low density carbon weave support, the Pi5 features a thin, high COR face to provide a generous sweet spot in a conventional head size.

Perimeter Weighting
Each iron in the Pi5 series is designed to move a precise amount of mass to the club's periphery, creating maximum forgiveness during off-center hits.

Thin Top Lines
The compact head design features thinner top-lines and progressive sole widths from the short to long irons, offering a more traditional iron appearance.

True Temper Dynamic Gold Shaft
Tour proven and meticulously weight sorted True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts in a .355 taper tip help maximize control and accuracy.
:smilie_wi

The Macs were/are a better deal & easier to hit.
Good luck with those clubs, you will need it.

If I don't like them I can always sell them again.

Nice looking irons that I considered. But, once I tried the J33cb's and realized I really needed more of a GI club, I decided against those. I hope they play great for you!

I should've offered you my Toski's with the brand new Nippon 950's in them. If the Wilson's don't work out, let me know.

You bet, As soon as I get them I'll go to the range and try them out and deside.

It's too bad you don't know the name of your own irons ;)

Are they Pi5's or Di5's?

Oh haha sorry they are the pi5's. I was in a hurry to get my sig done and over looked it I'll change it now.

Good choice and a great price. I don't know what anyone else is thinking with the comments, those are plenty forgiving. Thats a perimeter weighted CB with additional weight in the longer irons to get the ball up even more. That's all the forgiveness you should need without the vomitous offset of a lot of the CB's out there now. I'll bet you hit them great after coming off the Rams. IMO that's the way to learn, hit some very unforgiving irons then move to a more forgiving set.

Hey thanks EZ. I think I'm going to like. They are kinda like a Mizuno in a way because the have shallow cavities. The only thing is they are not forged like a Mizuno would be but I've herd that that only lets you fit them easier and feel isn't that big of difference.

The Macs were/are a better deal & easier to hit.
Good luck with those clubs, you will need it.

Wow im sorry wi, but that is downright rude imo.

You will need it?? If i were him i would be offended by that condescending remark.

So what, he decided not to buy your irons. Now this is gonna sound mean, but you need to get over it.

Stop making every little jab at the kid you can. Yes he said "I want them, let me paypal you tomorrow" and then changed his mind, but you freakin sold them anyways, and as you put it 30 minutes after they were put on ebay.

I dont know why, but you strike me as a person who absolutely despises people younger than them. I dont mean 5 years, but im talking 10+. And frankly i find it annoying that some people think that they can speak with such a condescending manner to youngsters. Im in college, and i absolutely hate it when people have their minds predisposed as to what they think of you. They think, its just one of those damn kids.

Yes, i agree that some kids graffitti private property, and have no regard for others. In my psych class we call that "theory of mind" and egocentrism.

But dont judge the general populous of teens and adolescents as good for nothing jerks. Yes stereotypes have a grain of truth in them somewhere, but its just that, a small grain. Please do not judge us.

You are acting very immature about the whole thing imo. Cut the kid a break.

Good choice and a great price. I don't know what anyone else is thinking with the comments, those are plenty forgiving. Thats a perimeter weighted CB with additional weight in the longer irons to get the ball up even more. That's all the forgiveness you should need without the vomitous offset of a lot of the CB's out there now. I'll bet you hit them great after coming off the Rams. IMO that's the way to learn, hit some very unforgiving irons then move to a more forgiving set.

And on a lighter note, I agree with Ez.

Great pickup! These look perfect for you to learn the game on, and you got them for a STEAL. $120 shipped just blows those RAC LT's out of the water!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300