• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new set of woods

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Reaction score
Both the woods are 3ws, theyre battling it out right now, but will not sell either until i get them on a course (in the spring:().

Although with my wood swing sucking royally right now, its pretty sad tbh.

Hopefully will hookup with the pro at the dome and get this crap sorted out for the spring, cuz i guarantee ill slice the eff outta everything as soon as i touch a course.

Enjoy.
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0370.jpg

Clubs are:

Taylormade R510 TP 10.5* (actually 10.8). Accuflex Creation Stiff 80-S. GPTV

Cleveland Launcher (original) 15*. Aldila VS Proto 70-S. GPTV

Taylormade R7 HFS TP 15*. Matrix Ozik X Con-7 70-S. GPTV_cord.

I have the Launcher Steel (original) and it's amazing

Keep the HFS, dump the other 2 selling heads and shafts seperately. Get a 9.5* BurnerTP head and put a shaft you really like into it. Some really nice sticks there but if they aren't for you then so be it. BurnerTP with the right shaft laucnhes high and stays up there for minutes. From an elevated tee there is no worakability needed, you could hit the thing over an apartment complex 8 stories high, so anything but the largest trees are no sweat. :laugh: Aim it to land somewhere in the fairway, use the graphics to line it up and launch it 260 through the stratosphere.

Man those look like some nice sticks!

Any logic to using a lighter shaft in the 3 wood than driver?

I feel the heavier shaft in the driver really helps me keep my tempo down in pressure situations. I love the 70g weight in my 3w and have finally figured out the feel in it that im really looking for. Also after having the 95g purple ice in the sumo i had, and then going back to the 65g vs proto in the 907, i definately knew i had to get the shaft weight back up cuz i felt it lead to un-needed inconsistencies.

Ez- Why would I dump the r510? Im almost more than likely bagging the HFS over the launcher, but probly wont bother selling it as i wont get next to anything for it (considering i paid like 50$ total for it and its pretty much brand new), and it is still one of the best 3ws ever even though its like 5 years old.

The r510 i love because of the smaller head shape and the sound, personally not a fan of the sound of the huge drivers at all... But i may give the burner tp another chance as it is the driver that a lot of the old faithful pros on tour changed to from the r510tp cuz they didnt want to go MWT.

I think you would like the bridgestone driver coming from a 510.

Lol, no no, just got the 510 and love it so far. Last couple drivers have been 907D2, Sumo (normal one), FT-3 Tour, 905S, and one or two others that i didnt keep very long at all:laugh:.

I may end up going back to a 905R if I need a little more forgiveness, but past that I think I should be good now. Havent actually hit the Bridgestone drivers tbh, would like to give them a try.

It really is eh.

Even my picture taking abilities are getting better too:D

the HFS is really nice id like to see one in person. i was telling a guy at the shop about them but had no idea what i was talking about. the Matrix is one hot looking shaft as well but im still partial to the silver Creation :)

extreme, if your anywhere close ill bus down for a round:laugh:

i live in the middle of virginia so thats probaly to far to bus down here:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520