• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My trip to...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Was getting new tires today so I had some time to kill without my ride. Wandered over to Dicks and found........absoltely nothing!!!!

The Dick's in our town doesn't stock any high end irons (titleist, Mizuno) and mainly only carry the Nike, Adams, Cally and TM super GI irons...yuck.

Poked around the drivers, the Diable Octane wasn't nearly as hideous as I thought it would be. The Nike Mach Speed is every bit as hideous as I expected. They didn't have any of the newer TM drivers, just the R9 which for TM is old news.

They did have the Bridgestone E7+ for $18/dz, almost grabbed a couple but since golf season is pretty much done now, no point.

So I left without even buying a bag of tees, probably a good thing since I spend nearly $500 on tires and an inspection! Gotta love it!

Dicks is a horrible store, bunch of crap is all they stock & that's not just the golf section but every single corner of the place. Their other outlet Golf Galaxy is just as bad & has really fallen by the wayside.

I went in to Dick's one day just browsing around the golf section. After 15 minutes of looking around the one and only golf sales associate came and asked if I needed anything. I told him I wanted to hit a couple 3 woods. All he said was "I have someone in there right now", and just walked away. F**king Dick (haha). They only thing I have bought there in the last five years are clay pigeons and-and that's because they were on sale.

I was in golfsmith last week in austin , I loved every minute of my 3 1/2 hour stay there!and yes i did buy something. I dont have a store like that anywhere even close to me. So i had to right? lol. I am a club ho!!

• Staff
I was in golfsmith last week in austin , I loved every minute of my 3 1/2 hour stay there!and yes i did buy something. I dont have a store like that anywhere even close to me. So i had to right? lol. I am a club ho!!

That's the main reason I even bother with Dick's anymore. The next closest golf shop-I mean real golf shop- is a hour and a half drive for me. I won't make that drive just to poke around. At least Dick's still carrys grip tape, thats the last thing I bought there.

Let's face it.... Dick's isn't really a golf store. It tries to cater to the beginner or casual participant in every sport, but that means that it rarely has anything for the person who is passionate about his game, whatever that may be. It's sort of like shopping for top brand stuff in Wal-Mart.... pretty much not going to happen.

So I left without even buying a bag of tees, probably a good thing since I spend nearly $500 on tires and an inspection! Gotta love it!

Oh, quit your griping!!! :>)
I just put 4 Michleins on my Silverado. Got almost 50,000 miles out of the OEM tires. Cost me $970 for my 4 tires, mounted and balanced. One of the drawbacks of thinking I need to drive a truck. Hopefully, I'll get 70,000+ out of this set of Michleins and about be ready for a new truck by that time.

• Staff
Oh, quit your griping!!! :>)
I just put 4 Michleins on my Silverado. Got almost 50,000 miles out of the OEM tires. Cost me $970 for my 4 tires, mounted and balanced. One of the drawbacks of thinking I need to drive a truck. Hopefully, I'll get 70,000+ out of this set of Michleins and about be ready for a new truck by that time.

I know how you feel. My wife drives a Buick Rainier, she got 65K miles out of the Michelins that were on the car when we bought it. We put another set of michelins on about 2 yrs ago, that ran around $1000 like you. So far 30K miles and no complaints (knocking on wood as we speak)!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520