• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nasty weather Wednesday

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you boys over the pond do it. I played my Wednesday night round in some crazy conditions. Weather channel said that there would be a 3 hour window of no rain from 5-8 pm. Wrong. Bastages. I played the entire round in rain, some of it really pouring. Also, the wind was up, always over 10 mph and kicking up from there. Needless to say, I got to hit from some places I haven't in a while. Hit driver on a par 3 (came up short, doh!) Heres the best one. I didn't have enough for the home hole. The 410 yard home hole. My driver ballooned so badly, that I had nearly 210 uphill and couldn't hit my 3 wood that far!

Anyway, the $hanks are gone, and I'm hitting it nicely again. Went around in 80, which feels pretty good right now.

Nice score, despite the conditions.

I'm hoping to keep it in the 80's tomorrow for our round. Course rating is a 142 from the tee's we're playing, and I've only played it once.

Gonna be around 100*F by mid-day.. Yikes.

Nice score, despite the conditions.

I'm hoping to keep it in the 80's tomorrow for our round. Course rating is a 142 from the tee's we're playing, and I've only played it once.

Gonna be around 100*F by mid-day.. Yikes.

I played 27 holes yesterday, there was a slight breeze early in the round so I didn't notice how hot it actually was. Turns out with the heat index it was 104. By the last 3 holes, every time I stood up to get out of the cart I'd grey-out, almost pass out. And that was drinking lots of water, apparently not enough though, :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520