• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some advice on some new clubs

azcactus

Reaction score
I retired from golf about 10 years ago, but decided that being in Arizona I should really give it another go. I was never any good and that's probably the reason I gave it up.

Anyway, I've done a lot of reading on the forum regarding irons, so I picked up a set of game improvers that seemed to have good reviews on here (Adams idea A2 5-pw). I never could hit a 3I or 4I anyway so I wasn't too concerned about those clubs.

This time around I plan on taking some lessons right up front so hopefully I don't fall right back into old bad habbits.

I guess my next questions are:

1. Any advice for a 3w and 5w (I don't even want to touch a driver).
2. Putter?
3. SW?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

For a 3W you an lok at this forum's favorite a TourEdge EXotics. It really is worth the try, specialy if you are thinking on avoiding a driver.

For Wedges, u should try the Adams Tom Watson 3-piece set. Its very cheap and perfect for your level of play. Ou'll get a Gap, Sand and Lob for around $80.

For putter, you should really really look what feels comfortable for you. One option could be the a PING Karsten series, which would sell under $90 which is a great price, but try it before you buy it...

Cheers...

FYI, rockbottomgolf.com currently has this special:

Ben Hogan Golf- Sure Out 2-Wedge Set
BUY THE SAND FOR $69, GET THE LOB WEDGE FREE!!
aus.st1.yimg.com_store1.yimg.com_Img_trans_1x1.gif

Their Price: $259.98
Rock Bottom Price: $69.99

These have a nice wide sole and would be a good wedge choice imo...

And sicne you have Admas irons I would suggest checking out the RPM fairway woods:

Adams Golf- RPM LP Low Profile Fairway Wood
Higher ball flight and incredible distance…

Their Price: $179.99
Rock Bottom Price: $49.99

You would not have a lot of $$ invested in these so upgrading once you improve would not hurt the pocketbook, plus these are pretty good clubs, especially for these prices...

and I just noticed you can get the 3, 5 and 7 for $149.99: http://rockbottomgolf.com/adams-golf-redline-rpm-lp-low-profile-tight-lies-fairway-wood-set.html

There's some drivers out now that most anyone can hit straight. Go for the square ones like the Sumo2, Nickent or the pricey FTi. The new "squarish" Adams driver looks good too. :)

There's some drivers out now that most anyone can hit straight. Go for the square ones like the Sumo2, Nickent or the pricey FTi. The new "squarish" Adams driver looks good too. :)

Or the Mamba II from Snake eyes which is better than all of them imo.

Or the Mamba II from Snake eyes which is better than all of them imo.
I prefer the Rhumba to the Samba.

Azcactus - I agree that driver (and driver shaft) technology has come a long way in ten years. There are some really forgiving drivers out there right now. I've always believed that most amateurs should hit 3 wood instead of driver off the tee. I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Putters are very individual. It doesn't matter if it's a $20 putter or a $200 putter, if it doesn't fit you and you don't feel comfortable using it, it's nothing more than a cheap (or expensive) hunk of metal.

Try a bunch of putters out. All the big discount stores have racks of putters available for you to test. Don't buy the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th one you "fall in love with." Try ten of them, go home, come back in a week, narrow it down to 5, go home, come back in a week, etc.

And sicne you have Admas irons I would suggest checking out the RPM fairway woods:

Adams Golf- RPM LP Low Profile Fairway Wood
Higher ball flight and incredible distance…

Their Price: $179.99
Rock Bottom Price: $49.99

You would not have a lot of $$ invested in these so upgrading once you improve would not hurt the pocketbook, plus these are pretty good clubs, especially for these prices...

and I just noticed you can get the 3, 5 and 7 for $149.99: Adams Golf- RPM LP Low Profile 3/5/7 3-Wood Set

I play these in my 2nd bag and they are good fairway woods. You should consider the 3/5/7 deal.

The Nickent is junk, there is a reason these things dropped in price so damn fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300