• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Dave Stockton Golf Instruction Book

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
TWO NEW GOLF INSTRUCTION BOOKS will be out in March. The following descriptions were provided by Gotham Books.

* * *​

OWN YOUR GAME: How to Use Your Mind to Play Winning Golf by Dave Stockton with Matthew Rudy. Available March 13.

Stockton draws from his experience as a champion tour player and a revered coach. Stockton does for readers what he does for his private clients and what he's done for everyone from Annika Sorenstam to Phil Mickelson to Rory McIlroy: he helps them make better decisions, lower their scores, and enjoy the game more. The hallmark of Stockton’s coaching is “trying doesn’t work”and OWN YOUR GAME focuses on mental techniques that can make or break your game.

* * *​

EVERY SHOT COUNTS: Using the Revolutionary Strokes-Gained Approach to Improve Your Golf Performance and Strategy
by Mark Broadie. Available March 4.

Mark Broadie uses ideas from the world of finance to help readers understand how anyone, from amateur to pro, can become a better golfer. Strokes gained goes well beyond the strokes gained putting stat that was adopted by the PGA Tour in 2011 and has become the gold standard for measuring putting performance. EVERY SHOT COUNTS is unique in using detailed golf shot data and scientific analysis to show how every golfer, from weekend sportsmen to tour pros, can save strokes by making better decisions on the course.

Source: New Dave Stockton Golf Instruction Book

Idea's from the world of finance?

That's cool. I use idea's from the world of gold mining to help my golf game. First I dig a big hole on the tee box with my iron, then I get to pay dirt since I landed it in some really nice sand, after digging as much sand as possible out of the sand box, I wash it all down the sluice box in the water hazard.

And I can remember a day when writing a little number of putts on the scorecard below each hole was considered analysis...didn't make me putt any better, just got me mad that I had so many three putt greens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520