• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Driver Soon

The 540 is a bit of both. It can handle either type of swing without any trouble.

Its a players head. It imo is a Taylor Made R510tp on steroids.
It looks great, sound in perfect, center of gravity is more neutral, not this low and back crap that seems to be the norm, and it produces low spin and some of the highest ball speeds I have ever recorded on the LM.

Its a perfect head imo.
Sounds funny to me when you say a "players" club. I have talked on GD with players with caps from 1 to 25 using the DCT with a mixture of opinions. I buy the swingspeed point but not the player handle. I have friends with 110 MPH SS's that I destroy regularly on the course with my 93MPH SS as far as score. Fast SS does not equate to being a "player IMO. My handicap is down to 7 right now, how low to I have to be, to be a Player ? lol:laugh:

Sounds funny to me when you say a "players" club. I have talked on GD with players with caps from 1 to 25 using the DCT with a mixture of opinions. I buy the swingspeed point but not the player handle. I have friends with 110 MPH SS's that I destroy regularly on the course with my 93MPH SS as far as score. Fast SS does not equate to being a "player IMO. My handicap is down to 7 right now, how low to I have to be, to be a Player ? lol:laugh:

Where did I say anything about swing speed?

I said ballspeed, not swing speed. What I mean by this is that at any given swing speed the ballspeed is higher than normal for that swing speed.
By players club I am referring to the position of the COG and the resulting ball flight. More of a mid COG which produces a flatter more piercing trajectory preferred by better players.

all right, explain hitter and swinger tmag...I think I understand, but I'm not sure.

Hitter would be someone who swings with a little faster tempo, not quite as controlled. Think Bubba Watson or John Daly. A swinger is a guy like Ernie, a very controlled tempo, almost like he isn't trying.

What's Tiger? (I think I know).. :laugh:

He is a hybrid of both types of swings, with his driver he seems to be more of a hitter, but with his irons (especially the long irons) he is a swinger.

Today it did. Don't know what I was doing wrong either. But have some ideas. :D

Did you get the S in the VS Proto or R?

I was fooling with the D1 yesterday at my club with the VS in it, it was stiff. Titleist sent it to the pro at my club, he hates it - too tip stiff. Exact same experience I had with the FW shaft. Not trying to say you can't handle the S flex, just letting you know that this shaft plays VERY stiff.

it only plays tip stiff like that in the bore through titties.

On a normal insert with a standard bottom bore to ground measurement it is no tip stiffer than an NVS, just a lot more stable thanks to the material used.

I got the stiff. Lyle calculated it all to be the same as the NVS stiff in my Rapture. :)

Cool - I wanna try it in a regular bore.

Lyle - the VS I had in the J33 3W was 85 grams, it's not listed on the Aldila website, but it's the custom shaft for Titty, Ping and Bridgestone, anyhow the thing has like 2.0 torque, it's like the Graf Blue tipped an inch, I'm not kidding, I've never seen anything like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520