• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nike Golf Drops the Ball and Much More

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
NIKE, THAT GOLIATH SPORTS BRAND, is dropping golf equipment, it said on Wednesday. Here's the announcement:
BEAVERTON, Ore. NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) announced today that it will accelerate innovation in its Golf footwear and apparel business and will partner with more of the world's best golfers. With this new focus, Nike Golf will transition out of equipment - including clubs, balls and bags.

"We're committed to being the undisputed leader in golf footwear and apparel," said Trevor Edwards, President, Nike Brand. "We will achieve this by investing in performance innovation for athletes and delivering sustainable profitable growth for Nike Golf."

"Athletes like Tiger, Rory and Michelle drive tremendous energy for the game and inspire consumers worldwide," said Daric Ashford, President of Nike Golf. "Over the past year the MM Fly Blade Polo, the Flyknit Chukka and Air Zoom 90 have all connected strongly with golfers. We'll continue to ignite excitement with our athletes and deliver the best of Nike for the game."​
With Tiger Woods sidelined and the game moving on without him, and with Nike withdrawing from golf (except for shoes and apparel), it feels even more like the end of an era. But maybe I'm overreaching.

Source: Nike Golf Drops the Ball and Much More

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424