• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Scotland Trip for Me

Bravo

Reaction score
Our business continues to struggle. We have one large deal we have been working on for two years that will make everything well for us - but we just cannot get a decision made.

The trip is scheduled for June 11 and the group needed eight players for a variety of reasons. Muirfield - which is a private club - is nice enough to permit guests on Tuesday afternoons, but you Must have a multiple of four - fourballs only. No solos or twoballs or threeballs.

As time grew closer, and our business continued to be flat, I felt I needed to allow my friends to get someone else to go with them. And they did.

I have dreamed of this trip for 20 years and it is not going to happen.

You have to play the cards you are dealt.

IG and DI - please tell KA about the news when you play with him at Portstewart next week and thank him for his help and suggestions on the travel plans.

On another note - I really hope things will improve for us this Summer and we can make our trip here in November a reality.

This would help make the news about the Scotland trip a little easier to bear.

Stay tuned.

Bummer Bravo. :( Keep your head up and keep on working through it. Things do happen for a reason, unfortunately you don't know what that is yet.

Maybe an all expenses paid trip is in the wings? Entering any contests lately?

~QQ

Quentin said:
Bummer Bravo. :( Keep your head up and keep on working through it. Things do happen for a reason, unfortunately you don't know what that is yet.

Maybe an all expenses paid trip is in the wings? Entering any contests lately?

~QQ

Yes I plan on winning the Publishers Clearinghouse contest as soon as possible. This will fund lavish trips for myself and family...:rolleyes:

Oh the joys of self employment. The highs manage to out weight the lows but the lows always seem to come at the worst times.

I'm really sorry to hear about this because I know you've put a lot into it. Like QQ said things seem to happen for a reason, even if it seems like a really crappy reason.

Let's focus on making November happen. I just know this would be a great time for everybody and from the pictures you've posted the courses would be fun.

DaveE said:
Oh the joys of self employment. The highs manage to out weight the lows but the lows always seem to come at the worst times.

I'm really sorry to hear about this because I know you've put a lot into it. Like QQ said things seem to happen for a reason, even if it seems like a really crappy reason.

Let's focus on making November happen. I just know this would be a great time for everybody and from the pictures you've posted the courses would be fun.

Thanks Dave and as we get toward the end of the Summer, we will need some people to step forward and make a definite commitment to come. There's a "weird group psychology" around these trips where people always seem to want somebody else "to go first"...

Once they see that somebody has committed to travel a long distance - it somehow makes it easier for them to make the decision.

This is a tough blow for me. I have been through five years of bad experiences. They say that experiences like this build character - well I have enough character for about 15 people at this point.

Maybe I can sell some.

Bravo - am sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it to Scotland. I hope your business ventures pick up so you can enjoy your summer.

If you ever plan on coming north to New England for business or other we should get a group together. I notice there are a bunch of guys from CT and MA on this board. I imagine it would be possible to find a neutral spot in say Northern MA or something.

Ditto divot.

Sux....big kick in the sack but the wy your were underselling it the last few months, not a big suprise.

Being in business for myself I have extreme empathy for your situation.

Stiff upper lip, eh, wot?

VtDivot said:
Bravo - am sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it to Scotland. I hope your business ventures pick up so you can enjoy your summer.

If you ever plan on coming north to New England for business or other we should get a group together. I notice there are a bunch of guys from CT and MA on this board. I imagine it would be possible to find a neutral spot in say Northern MA or something.

Thank you for your note. Ironically, we may consider a family vacation to New England this summer now that I am not going. I have previously mentioned my cousins in Burlington and Boston to you and they have issued an open invitation to us...We might go in June before my daughter goes to camp. I would love golf in Vermont as I did not bring my sticks with me when I lived there in the summer of 76...

Let me see how the dust settles over the next few weeks and thank you for your offer...

Slingblade61 said:
Ditto divot.

Sux....big kick in the sack but the wy your were underselling it the last few months, not a big suprise.

Yeah it better be stiff or it will be gone. You know the drill.

Bravo said:
...I have enough character for about 15 people at this point.

Maybe I can sell some.

Bravo, you still have a sense of humor about it, and that says it all.

Besides, the beer's all warm over there, remember? ;)

No worries. For me, the pain always lessens when I remember I've no boss to make my day worse on his (or her) whim. Chin up.

Farquod said:
Bravo, you still have a sense of humor about it, and that says it all.

Besides, the beer's all warm over there, remember? ;)

No worries. For me, the pain always lessens when I remember I've no boss to make my day worse on his (or her) whim. Chin up.

Thanks for the note. Now, as I have said to the group - the best way you guys can make me feel better about this is to come down here in October/November and play. You can pop down here out of Newark in no time and we would have 3 days of fun...keep this in mind as I hope to firm this trip up late this summer - in plenty of time for everyone to plan. I guarantee you would like the courses and the rates would be very reasonable...

The later the better. I'd even be down for a Jan/Feb weekend, as that's when we're really not playing here.

Hey, maybe we can go bother you and BD in November, and Buddha in February. There's a thought....

Farquod said:
The later the better. I'd even be down for a Jan/Feb weekend, as that's when we're really not playing here.

Hey, maybe we can go bother you and BD in November, and Buddha in February. There's a thought....

I am down with this. February is just about perfect in Tampa...I've played a few courses down there and love it...

Slingblade61 said:
Ditto divot.

What do you think Sling? Is a chowder open a possibility or what?

Bravo - if you come to VT (and your family doesn't disown you for golfing on your vaca) give me some lead time and I'll set something up (minus barkies and pollsters of course :D

I go to Champlain once a year to ice fish, a buddy of mine is going up to build a barn (don't know where, exactly) I may be able to wiggle something in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520