• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

<--NXTTour-->

JamesR

Interlocking Now
Reaction score
On Saturdas round, I noticed that I only had three golf balls in my bag, so I ran in the proshop with intent to pick up a sleeve of Pro V1x, My friend was buying a sleeve of PV1s, and I was behind him in line, and watched the worker ring him up for $17.50 (Prices werent on the boxes). I was all WTF, and put the PV1x back on the shelf, and said "what the hell" and grabbed a pack of the new NXT Tours.

Played the same ball for 27 holes, (18 Sat+9 Sun)

Driver
This ball is long off the driver, I wasnt noticing a big gain on straight shots, mabye a few yards. The big difference was seen on my draws and fades. My favorite tee shot is when I aim to the right side of the fairway and hitting a draw that seems to float in the air. This I noticed a big distance gain, 5-10 yards.

Woods & Long Irons
I have a specialty shot with a long iron, my friends say that I "Pissed on it" when I take one less club, say a 4 iron from 3 iron distance, Lean on it (delofting the club) and hitting a draw, the shot works great with this ball. It hits at the front of the green and hops back to the hole. Fairway wood shots were great, and got some release into the green.

Approach Shots
Ball was awesome. Any club from 6-PW would stop in a 2 foot radius from ballmark. Also a very workable ball. Draws, Fades, and could keep it down into the wind.

Wedges
Found a perfect balance here. Was able to control spin from all distances. From full wedge shots ball would hit, and spin back only a little. And on my punch fade shots, the ball would hop and stop. This is a good bump-n-run ball, was able to release and hold its line from 52* chips from the rough. Stopped nicley on pitch shots too.

Putter Feel
Does it really matter at this point?? If a ball made of cheese danish did what the <--NXTTour--> did on the rest of my clubs, I wouldn't mind putting with it

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v444_jrr11991_CobraX_Speed001.jpg

CobraX-Speed002.jpg

Entertaining :) Cheese danish!

Sounds like a killer ball, by the way

Ive played the NXT tour forever and i treated myself to a dozen brand new prov1's and i still have 2 or 3 sleeves left. Havent had the chance to hit the NEW nxt tours. But what i love about pro'vs is my wedges usually cut the NXT and the provs worst case is a little paint... I noticed in your 2nd picture a little rub.. is that cart path or Rub.. cause thats one thing i hate, is first hole brand new ball..." TEE SHOT... 56* " and cut... thanks ball...

Nice review - I like it. :)

Have been considering playing this ball during the forthcoming winter months. Maybe the Pinnacle Exception, too.

How does it hold up all round compared to the likes of Pro V1, lads ? :)

Hmm, I think I need to finish off the dozen of e6's in my bag and then give these a try.

Hmm, I think I need to finish off the dozen of e6's in my bag and then give these a try.

So that means your going to paly 9 and grab a dozen in the pro shop to finish the back :biglol: just kidding lol

I really like this ball as well. I picked up a dozen of last years model for $20.

Plus, I don't feel so bad when I lose one compared to the Pro V1's and Nike Platinums. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520