• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Odyssey Putters - Why so many?

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me what the difference is between an Odyssey White Hot #1 and White Hot #2? I went to buy one on Saturday thinking I was set on the #2. They have through #6 now! I want a clean look, offset shaft, not centered. Also, is the White Hot that much better than the Dual Force?

Different Strokes.... you know. I tried several today, can't remember the #'s or whatever. All I know is the one that fit my stroke was not the one I liked the look of most. Look at how many fricken Scotty Camerons there are. Like 6 different models of 80 different types. I think that Odysssey should have done something a little more creative than just make "White Hot 1-12" or whatever they have. They should make them distinguishable by a name.

I agree, #2 doesn't tell me any more than #6! Offset, weighting, or something ridiculous like that might help!

The #6 is the longer neck version. The #2 is the short. I play the #2, as I personally like the address better. The #6 also has half a shaft more offset, so it sets up farther back from the shaft angle.

Try them all out. You'll be surprised which ones you love and which ones are the devils weapons. ;)

R35

So the numbers are for shaft angles, locations, lie angle, etc etc. Know anywere on the web where I can find those specs?

http://www.shottalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4538&page=2

Check out this thread. Wirehair clued me in on something I had no idea about. The toe hang on a putter is made for a specific stroke. I have a straight back and through stroke and need a putter that is balanced heel to toe, no toe hang. I checked out the Odyssey putters and the original 2ball was best when I put it up on the ledge, sat totally level, face up. This is the putter I putted best with too. I dropped 6 putts from 6-12 ft. on the "practice green".

I just bought an Odyssey 2 Ball DFX Blade.....anyone have any experience with that putter and what are your thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520