• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

offically married.

MC, if you ever find yourself without wife #2 and thirsty, I suggest that you go visit Halifax golfer.....I spent 4 days in Halifax on a aircraft carrier in the early 90's and when we pulled back out to sea we were 23 men short....the liberty in Halifax Nova Scotia was just THAT good! .....still makes me smile every time I think about it.
Don't take my headbanging the wrong way...it's in reference to the first time around. My wife is a wonderful lady, and a true life partner. As long as she doesn't figure out what a bad deal she got....

Congrats!

I am on my way to the married life as well.

I have just over 1 year of bachelorhood left.
No, you don't. That ended the minute you bought the ring, if not sooner. :p

As long as she doesn't figure out what a bad deal she got....
Just make really strong drinks, and when she says that was a little strong and make the next weaker, make it even stronger yet as her taste buds will eventually adapt. It is her a proper mindset and realization that you need to keep her away from.

My wife is down in her Raleigh office this week, you think you could go over and tip the bartender a little extra for me ;)

My wife is down in her Raleigh office this week, you think you could go over and tip the bartender a little extra for me ;)
I would, Pa, but we're friends and I'm really irresistible...

:biglol:....yeah, I couldn't even type it without laughing!

I would, Pa, but we're friends and I'm really irresistible...

:biglol:....yeah, I couldn't even type it without laughing!
That's the great thing about alcohol, even we start to believe it in time.

I would then ask for you to have you wife go over and tip her bartender for me, but we both know that is likely a very bad idea while we're not around. ;)

Bachelorhood ends after the first two weeks, when men at least some desire to have something beyond booty. Then women know that it might take a little bit to fully express it, but they have the power.

That's the great thing about alcohol, even we start to believe it in time.

I would then ask for you to have you wife go over and tip her bartender for me, but we both know that is likely a very bad idea while we're not around. ;)
Actually, I have a very simple rule on that one for my wife:

I don't care where she gets her appetite, just come home for dinner!! :D

Actually, I have a very simple rule on that one for my wife:

I don't care where she gets her appetite, just come home for dinner!! :D
Was thinking more of the stories that would be going on about us. :)

I don't know about your wife, but mine tells those stories with me sitting beside her!
Point taken. :D

As far as the other, I always shared the same rule. Right up there with don't give your wife lessons on the golf course, unless she specifically asks. Unless you want to feel the wrath of "Big Bertha". We'll be sitting in the cart playing with a couple where the guy is trying to give a lesson. She usually just mutters sometimes quite loudly, "You better never try and give me lessons like that, or I'd wrap my driver around your head"

Biggest golf mistake I ever made with my wife:

Par 4 that's downhill, doglegs to the right, green is protected by two side bunkers that wrap partially around the front. You can get very close off the drive. Her ball is sitting left front and behind a trap. She takes her wedge, shanks it dead right across the fairway, and then complains about the club (they were fairly new at the time). I took her wedge, dropped a ball in the same spot, stuck it a foot from the pin, handed her the wedge and said "It's not the club, dear." Really should've thought that one out a little more... :bang:

Luckily for me that's hole #17 and not #1! :D

Yeah, now the next time I bet the comment would be something to the regard of "Well, at least you took the bunker out of play" :laugh:

Par 4 that's downhill, doglegs to the right, green is protected by two side bunkers that wrap partially around the front. You can get very close off the drive. Her ball is sitting left front and behind a trap. She takes her wedge, shanks it dead right across the fairway, and then complains about the club (they were fairly new at the time). I took her wedge, dropped a ball in the same spot, stuck it a foot from the pin, handed her the wedge and said "It's not the club, dear." Really should've thought that one out a little more... :bang:

lmfao...top notch MC...

:biglol:

Beautiful.

Anyone notice that this guy gets married in perfect timing for shark week? Coincidental...or symbolic?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520