• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK so now it gets interesting...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JUst back from Dick's Sporting Goods. They have an awesome new monitor there and I got chatting to a cool dude assistant. he let me try all the new clubs in including the Cleveland Hi-Bore, Callyway X, new TM 460 R7 Draw and the 905T with an awesome UST Proforce shaft in it.

Before I reveal all, here's some interesting stats. My ball speed was averaging 145mph, launch angle was 13 degrees and my carry was 240ish and overall distance was 255 ish. I also had pretty good tight dispersion.

So can the experts tell me how my new acquisition, the TEE with Prototype NT shaft S will fit my swing?

Cleveland Hi-Bore 10.5 with Aldila NV (green) looks like someone stepped on it, but I hit it great. The lowest trajectory but lots of run-out. And quite good feel off the face. Price dropped $100 once vijay switched back.

Cally was the most disappointing. 10 degree with Fuji S OEM shaft in it. Got nothing from it. I expected a lot, disappointing.

TM was not for me. It felt nice on the 10.5 degree with REAX S shaft, but I hit it right to left anyway so it was worth a dig, but nothing special.

Now to the 905T. That shaft is awesome. Stiff tip but soft mid seems to be a winning combo. I was afraid it was too stiff, but I hit it poker straight, EVERY TIME. And I knocked one 267 yards withy it. Good for me!! It's on offer at $199 and I'm tempted, but I already owe Eracer for his TEE. AGGGHHH!!

Andy, do you want me to get it for you? I would only get it to sell it on. I am just round the corner from Dick's so let me know ASAP.

Anyway, I bought me a glove.;) And I got a new friend. He's coming to Ireland in 2008, so I told him to look me up.

IrishGolfer said:
...with the Aldila NV (green)....

I love this shaft. That and my G5. Perfect together.

The weak US$ makes shopping fun, eh?

Farquod said:
The weak US$ makes shopping fun, eh?

Not if my wife finds out!!

I have bought 7 woods, 48 balls, a bag and a glove in the space of a few weeks in anticipation of me visiting the US. I'll need to get the other credit card resurrected until I manage to offload this lot onto an unsuspecting www.ebay.co.uk customer base!!

All I can say is hoo-ahh :smilie_ti

VtDivot said:
All I can say is hoo-ahh :smilie_ti

If you look closely, he's only buying it to sell on E-bay. I guess it made the same impression on him as a dirty diaper...

:D

R35

I have to confess. Nothing has shifted my 983K until now. The TEE has a good chance and the 905T is up to the task.

I'll run with the TEE and give it the full test drive and then I'll decide what to do. I may stay with the 983K or move to the 905T.

IrishGolfer said:
My ball speed was averaging 145mph, launch angle was 13 degrees and my carry was 240ish and overall distance was 255 ish. I also had pretty good tight dispersion.

Anyone else know their stats? Kinda interested in finding kindred spirits...

I only know from the indoor sims that I was playing in the winter. It seemed to be bang on with my irons, so I can only assume that my numbers were right or close to with the driver.

Ball Speed - 168
Launch Angle - 15.5*
Carry - 289(avg)

I didn't have a dispersion value, but I remember it being somewhat wild....but being the winter and not having hit for some time, I was happy with how I was swinging...

R35

How dare you say that the r7 is nothing special! :(

Don't you know I'm on a crusade to get WBL to try and buy one, if for no other reason than to say at one point in his life WBL owned an r7!

Darn Titty men.

I owned a R588. That was as close as I want to get!! I've got a nice G5 Ping for you if you want JEFF4i. :D

I agree with IG.
The 905T with the YS6 stiff shaft is a really good combination.

Loop said:
I agree with IG.
The 905T with the YS6 stiff shaft is a really good combination.

Or, if you're an old fart with a bad back the reg. shaft is really nice.

warbirdlover said:
I owned a R588. That was as close as I want to get!! I've got a nice G5 Ping for you if you want JEFF4i. :D

If it's any consolation I couldn't stand the R588 either, :)

The G5 is nice but just too light for my taste.

Mark: I thought it was an 'R.' If it ain't, you work away; I'd say you could make a few quid on it here.

If it is, please buy it for me as just got 160 dabs kee-addying that'll sort it right out :)

P.S. Are you back for Saturday AM >? Ballentine & Wee Andy C. are already confirmed avec moi, so needing one. Defending my Title, too....:)

The T sans UST is awesome,the R with the same shaft is a dangerous weapon and anyone weilding one whould be locked up as a danger to the public.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300