• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

On the road again...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
As Willie Nelson says...I am on the road again.

This time to Dana Point, California...a seaside resort halfway between LA and San Diego. Three days of holiday and two of work. The wife and I are leaving tomorrow morning.

The eldest daughter is at camp...I think she likes it better there than at home.

The little one is with my wife's sister - an angel on this earth who takes her with open arms. And Laura loves being there more than at home. (Sounds like a repeating story here!)

No clubs on this trip - so I will be fully away from golf for 14 days.

Will bring the laptop and report in from the shores of the Pacific....

Have a good time away, Bravo!

Nice romantic trip with the mrs...tell us all about it when you get back, you sly old dog...

Have fun Bravo -

I'm out for 2 weeks tomorrow. Loading wife, kid, dog and clubs in the truck and we're headed for NS. It's about a 16 or so hour trip that we'll do in 2 parts. We'll leave here tomorrow at 3pm and overnight in BangHer ME. Then off to Cape Breton, NS on Sat AM.

The drive back has no overnight stop, so that is a killer :(

Of course I'll be online - my laptop is coming also ;)

Bravo said:
No clubs on this trip - so I will be fully away from golf for 14 days.

Who wants to make bets BRAVO breaks down and buys a set a clubs out in Cali and tells his wife to drop him him off at nearby course -- and tells her to have fun on the rest of their short vacation.

Are you going to be able to handle 14 days -- with that illusive Double Eagle haunting you??

Have a safe trip Bravo...Godspeed

Well we have been out here now for three days and I just fired up the laptop this morning. This has been about 50% work and 50% play so far.

Everytime I come to Southern California I am immediately reminded as to why 8 jillion people live here: it is absolutely beautiful and the weather is awesome. We are right on the beach and the highs each day barely creep up to 80 with low humidity. By 7:00 at night a light sweater is often helpful...

But of course - the absolutely crushing traffic from the 8 jillion people kind of screws things up too....but in any event -we are having fun...

If I brought my clubs on this trip - I would be divorced immediately and would find myself on the street - penniless...

Well - gotta go get some work done.

Later.

Sounds like a good time. We were out in San Diego last year and loved it. The weather does always seem to be there, except when the houses start falling off the hills of course.

Bring me back some good seafood, it's tough to get that here.

Bravo said:
Everytime I come to Southern California I am immediately reminded as to why 8 jillion people live here: it is absolutely beautiful and the weather is awesome. We are right on the beach and the highs each day barely creep up to 80 with low humidity. By 7:00 at night a light sweater is often helpful...

Hey B -

I'm in Nova Scotia right now on vacation and the weather here is exactly the same as you mentionned. Mid 70's and ZERO humidity. What a nice treat... Never thought I'd miss the ocean so much LOL. It gets down to the 50's here at night also, so sleeping has been great too.

VtDivot said:
Hey B -

I'm in Nova Scotia right now on vacation and the weather here is exactly the same as you mentionned. Mid 70's and ZERO humidity. What a nice treat... Never thought I'd miss the ocean so much LOL. It gets down to the 50's here at night also, so sleeping has been great too.

Glad to hear it...REMEMBER this is the weather we will have in mid-October at our tourney in Alabama.....

Yeah, what about that?

2nd week of October is no good. I signed a contract to build a barn starting October 1 and the wife in in Atlanta Oct. 14 - 16. I can wiggle out the 3rd week or later.

Slingblade61 said:
Yeah, what about that?

2nd week of October is no good. I signed a contract to build a barn starting October 1 and the wife in in Atlanta Oct. 14 - 16. I can wiggle out the 3rd week or later.

We are still working on our business deal and should have some news on it late next week.

Dana Point

No golf, and you call that a vacation! Here's what you should have done. Have her drop you off at the course, give her a credit card, (maybe with a $500 limit) and tell her to enjoy herself! In the long run you will both be happy and that will definitley be cheaper than a divorce.

I have been to Dana Point a few times in the late 80's and it is very beautiful out there. My wife went whale watching while I played at Monarch Beach, which is only a few minutes from Dana Point.

While I was standing around the pro shop talking with some golfing buddies, who walks in but "O.J. Simpson!" He was dressed in white sweat pants and hooded sweat shirt. When standing behind him his upper body looked like and up side down triangle. He didin;t seem that tall to me (but I'm 6'2") but very muscular.

I approached him and said "hey Juice, how's it going?" He replied, I had a 39 on the front nine, but I'm not saying anything aboutthe back nine".

Well, have a great time out there as we are baking here in the Midwest!

golfer1 said:
I approached him and said "hey Juice, how's it going?" He replied, I had a 39 on the front nine, but I'm not saying anything aboutthe back nine".

I know you said you were there in the late 80s but if it had been after 95 you could've said, "yeah, I hear the back nine is real killer". Or, "messing up the back nine after a good front side is like a knife to heart". :p

golfer1 said:
No golf, and you call that a vacation! Here's what you should have done. Have her drop you off at the course, give her a credit card, (maybe with a $500 limit) and tell her to enjoy herself! In the long run you will both be happy and that will definitley be cheaper than a divorce.

I have been to Dana Point a few times in the late 80's and it is very beautiful out there. My wife went whale watching while I played at Monarch Beach, which is only a few minutes from Dana Point.

While I was standing around the pro shop talking with some golfing buddies, who walks in but "O.J. Simpson!" He was dressed in white sweat pants and hooded sweat shirt. When standing behind him his upper body looked like and up side down triangle. He didin;t seem that tall to me (but I'm 6'2") but very muscular.

Well, have a great time out there as we are baking here in the Midwest!

It is still very beautiful...we drove up to Laguna Beach one night and had Thai food. Awesome.

Great weather each and every day.

Too bad the place is just completely overpopulated...

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54