• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PDA: ATnT Tilt, anyone?

phatheadaf

Reaction score
my personal blackberry took a dive off a roof a few weeks back. It turns out that my plan is up, so i'm due for an upgrade. So i'm in the market for a phone. I'm a PDA type of guy. I have a blackberry for work, and am comfortable with the usage. I've used a Treo in the past, and had no complaint other than I wanted somthing that was more "phonish". So I went to the Blackberry Pearl and loved it.

That being said last fall I switched my personal PC world around from Mac to Windows w/ Vista. So everything I use now is Microsoft. I purchased an Xbox 360 and Zune; and i'm very happy with both.

So which is the best phone to get with my new personal comp world? I'm intriuged to go out and get the iPhone cuz i'm that guy with the new gadgets, but I know it's not most practical decision noting the new Microsoft world I live in. So I've explored other phones, and it seems that the phones with windows mobile are the choice. I'm a ATnT guy since I was 16, and use them for work as well, so that is a non-negotiable. My research tells me the Tilt may be the best option for what i'm looking for.

so that was a long winded explanation to ask this simple question: anybody own/use one?

thanks,

A.

ps- other suggestions welcome

I don't have a Tilt, but I do have a Windows Mobile Smart Phone. I had a touch screen once and I just couldn't get used to it. I like a button phone that runs Windows apps much better.

Windows Mobile

How do you feel about Windows Mobile as an app? i've heard bad things...

A.

How do you feel about Windows Mobile as an app? i've heard bad things...

A.

I dislike it. My experience is limited to the T-Mobile MDA and the AT&T Moto Q9h. Both are Windows Mobile smart phones and they couldn't get out of their own way in terms of web browsing. I actually preferred the WM5-based MDA over the highly regarded WM6-based Moto Q, but they both were challenging to use compared to my Blackberry devices over the years.

My recent switch to the iPhone 3G has been great. If I needed more of an enterprise/corporate type phone I would've stayed with Blackberry, but since I don't have as much of a need the iPhone does the trick. The battery power is terrible, but beyond that it might be the best phone I've ever had.

I dislike it. My experience is limited to the T-Mobile MDA and the AT&T Moto Q9h. Both are Windows Mobile smart phones and they couldn't get out of their own way in terms of web browsing. I actually preferred the WM5-based MDA over the highly regarded WM6-based Moto Q, but they both were challenging to use compared to my Blackberry devices over the years.

My recent switch to the iPhone 3G has been great. If I needed more of an enterprise/corporate type phone I would've stayed with Blackberry, but since I don't have as much of a need the iPhone does the trick. The battery power is terrible, but beyond that it might be the best phone I've ever had.
The MDA was the touch screen I had, and it sucked. My Dash is much, much better. Great battery life, and the internet speed, while not 3G, is fine for the limited amount I use it.

No phone is perfect, and there are lots of iPhone lovers. I think you hit the nail on the head when you ask "What do you need your phone to be?"

My Dash (with WM5) is a great phone, first and foremost. It's easy to use, is compact and well-laid out, has great battery life, holds a signal, and sounds good on both sides of the conversation.

It seamlessly syncs with my Office apps and my Exchange server.

And there are a ton of apps written for it.

I'm sure the iPhone is a great product. I just see no real reason to buy one.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520