• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Penta TP ball

I haven't played the Penta, so I have no opinion about that. The following is just an observation.

You, buykrux, are not an idiot. Neither is Fatc1ty, nor is Lyle. Maybe you honestly had a dud ball, or something. It's not like you wouldn't know that you were hitting the ball pure, and from what they're saying, the penta spins as much as any ball on the market. You can't both be right-- either the Penta spins or it doesn't, but maybe, somehow, your play with it was hampered by something outside of your control.

Your best bet is to do just what you said-- give it another shot and see if your results are the same.

i used it again last thursday. not quite the same results, off the driver it was really nice feeling, a bit longer than a pro vx i found. around the greens once again, the pro vx kicks the shit out of the penta for me. the penta just wont bite like the pro v and i cant throw wedges at the pin for 20 yards away like i can with the pro vx. iv always preferred to go at the stick, some people think of it as "trying to fly it in the hole" and the pro vx allows me to do that without worrying that the balls going to run by 4 feet. always a one hop stopper from there, outside 50 yards or so itll hit and sit or juice a bit.
ill stick to the pro vx's for now

aside from that, im not sure how i feel about the science behind the penta. i find it hard to believe they have engineered a ball that is said to be perfect in 5 different areas. if that was the case, there would be no need for any other balls i guess. i havent really ever been a fan of TM but i will say i prefer the old TP red/blacks over the penta, its just not for me

I bought these from out Pro shop last spring, they are AWESOME !!! I have found out that my wedges will cut the jacket of this golf ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520