• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Phil's in trouble

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
FBI, SEC look into Phil Mickelson

Phil Mickelson among three men eyed in insider trading probe by FBI, SEC - ESPN

Five-time major winner Phil Mickelson is one of three men being investigated in what the Wall Street Journal calls "a major insider-trading probe involving finance, gambling and sports," the newspaper reported on its website Friday night.

Sam Greenwood/Getty Images On Thursday at the Memorial, Phil Mickelson reportedly was approached by two FBI agents looking to question him for their investigation.
According to the Journal, the investigation also involves Carl Icahn, a 78-year-old billionaire who runs the publicly traded Icahn Enterprises, and William "Billy" Walters, a famed Las Vegas bettor and real-estate mogul.
None of the three has been accused of any wrongdoing, and no charges have been filed.

:rolleyes:

"None of the three has been accused of any wrongdoing, and no charges have been filed."

This could really change the meaning of his nickname "Phail".

Interesting that his only response was "Talk to my lawyer".

Ironic that his major sponsors are KPMG and Barclays ...

... or not.

I don't think he did anything wrong. Someone who did something wrong wouldn't fully cooperate with the FBI in the investigation. Just my 2 cents

I don't think he did anything wrong. Someone who did something wrong wouldn't fully cooperate with the FBI in the investigation. Just my 2 cents
Interesting that his only response was "Talk to my lawyer".
I don't consider his response fully cooperating. I'm a fan of Phil's, but I've never believed anybody is fully innocent if they immediately hide behind their lawyer.

I don't consider his response fully cooperating. I'm a fan of Phil's, but I've never believed anybody is fully innocent if they immediately hide behind their lawyer.
I have to disagree. I think "talk to my lawyer" is the smartest thing anyone can say when you're in a situation, innocent or guilty. Any good lawyer will tell you the same.

I have to disagree. I think "talk to my lawyer" is the smartest thing anyone can say when you're in a situation, innocent or guilty. Any good lawyer will tell you the same.
I think if you're truly innocent, you can fully cooperate with your attorney present. Hiding behind your lawyer points towards some amount of guilt to me.

I agree that having your lawyer with you is a smart thing.

I think if you're truly innocent, you can fully cooperate with your attorney present. Hiding behind your lawyer points towards some amount of guilt to me.

I agree that having your lawyer with you is a smart thing.
We don't know his involvement. It's probably more complicated than you think. It's always best to keep your mouth shut. Talking can not help you but there is always a chance it could hurt you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?