• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Photo of WBL shopping for a new driver....

You don't know the half of it, I already know how challenged he must feel in being a K-State Wildcat fan. Based on what I have seen on here, he has got to be at the top of gene pool around the Little Apple of Manhattan KS. If nothing else, he certainly has humility going for him. Although if he can't figure it out, I'm sure he will be able to find a Jayhawk alumni (or Pre-Undergrad) somewhere close by to help him out.
:D

Since he is yet to respond to your comment, I have to be wondering if he is out combing the local High School with computer in hand looking for someone wearing a KU hat or shirt.

Used to be, we'd say the farmers in Kansas sent their daughters to K-State and their pigs to KU!! And, from what I've seen driving the streets of both Manhattan and Lawrence... not much has changed!!!!! :biglol:

Honestly, I'm probably going to have to cheer for KU football, since KSU won't hire a decent coach! You won't get me to do that in basketball, though.

As far as your comment about high schools, they won't let me near the local ones ever since the last time I was released from prison!!!!:p

I believe it.

Priceless...LOL...

And where did you get that picture of me!!! :mad:

Had the "opportunity" to attend a wedding reception/celebration this past weekend. To set the stage, my wife's nephew... 24 years old... just married a 37 year old lady. They got married to legitimize the 1 year old they have together. She has two sons by a previous marriage... 17 and 15. The 17 year old is taller than her "new" husband.

The coolers at the celebration were labeled "Bud Light", etc. There were no soda pop coolers. For those not wanting to imbibe, there was water.

There was not much entertainment other than a stereo playing some country western music in the background, kids chasing each other around the park, lots of beer drinking, and... horseshoes. Now, having learned the art of tossing ringers while visiting relatives in Minnesota, I enjoyed a couple of games of shoes. As the evening wore on, I became an observer. We could have stayed home and watched the pundits discuss... ad naseum... the upcoming presidential election. Or, we could sit on tailgates of pickup trucks and watch staggering drunks toss shoes and discuss... sometimes a little slurred... local and national politics.

On Sunday morning, the 100 or so people who attended the evening's festivities woke up. Many, surely woke up with heads that throbbed painfully and stomachs that might not tolerate food for some hours. Some used the day to worship in the church of their choice or play golf or hunt doves or "discuss" their behavior of the night before with their spouses... or all of the above. Their Sunday activities probably didn't differ much from those waking up in Arizona, California, New Jersey, or Wisconsin.

The photo that I happened onto, initially reminded me of some of the Saturday night attendees. The beer belly, exposed through the front of the designer overalls, was quite reminiscent of a number of the female attendees!!! And, considering the amount of beverage consumed by said females Saturday evening, I can see why it would be necessary to remove even the restriction of an overall bib to make room for some rather "impressive" abdomens. But, if any sober person were to have to witness the expanse of some of those midriffs, such a sight could be good reason to take up the use of alcohol!!!

So... knowing "America's Dairyland" could see overalls as a familiar mode of dress... knowning a metalurgical engineer could experiment with cutting tools on fabrics such as denim... assuming the legs in the background were those of a beer cart girl running for cover... and hearing the booming voice loudly proclaim, "Hell, the G10 just put that one out there over 290 yards. Bring me another drink!"... is there any question why I would immediately think the photo was either WBL or a spittin' image of him??:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Okay, (good story) but I don't have much of a gut anymore!! Probably would have been more accurate if the seat of the pants were cut out!! :D

Prefer the pics on the side as opposed to the beerbelly man.
170666.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424