• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Poker Anyone?

ezra76

Reaction score
I joined up on Pokerstars.net, anyone else play there? I'm Ezra76 as usual on there. I played a lot on another free site last year and actually made it through 2 big qualifiers to final 1000 players where I placed 200 something, not bad. I played for money online and took $50 + a free $20 up to $300 and change before I got my flush beat by a full house, that hurt since I had that guy sucked in with his pair to the end. I actually haven't played since that beat until last night.

I enjoy it and have been thinking of trying it for real up at Foxwoods or Mohegan. I moved a guy last month who was an ex-hockey player (below NHL for 7yrs.) and now a professional poker player. He said I could easily make money if I play that well online, just play my hand. I might take $100 up there for a little fun for the winter. Anyone wanna go?
icon10.gif

Are you playing real money or play?.

I logged on stars last night for the first time in like..a year. Played one hand.

Just play money, need to sharpen up a lot before I'd do real again. Not too bad so far though. I took my 300 in there, called a bluff with 2nd best pair, 9's in my hand to take a big pot. Then pulled off a flush when I already had 3rd best hand, 2nd high pair. I took that one well over 2K since I knew the guy had paired his Queen and was taking a shot with 2pair. I like playing, lot of strategy involved to knock other players out before they see the cards and make the most $$ off your hand when you have a smoker. I bluff a little but only when it's a good time too. I lost the real $$ last year by slow playing the hand too much and getting greedy. If I'd dropped it all before the turn I would have taken a decent pot but had to try for nearly 1K. I have to admit I got blindsided by a full house to my flush and just flat out lost interest after that.

Just play money, need to sharpen up a lot before I'd do real again. Not too bad so far though. I took my 300 in there, called a bluff with 2nd best pair, 9's in my hand to take a big pot. Then pulled off a flush when I already had 3rd best hand, 2nd high pair. I took that one well over 2K since I knew the guy had paired his Queen and was taking a shot with 2pair. I like playing, lot of strategy involved to knock other players out before they see the cards and make the most $$ off your hand when you have a smoker. I bluff a little but only when it's a good time too. I lost the real $$ last year by slow playing the hand too much and getting greedy. If I'd dropped it all before the turn I would have taken a decent pot but had to try for nearly 1K.

I have never played real money online. The last 2 summers a bunch of friends got together and played, must have been 20 of us. I won 2 years ago and this summer it was down to 3 of 4 of us and I had to leave for work. Gah, however..it took us like..5 hours to get to 4 people. It's a good time.

We'll have to hook up on Pokerstars, I'm precept.

i have used to play on pokerstars but i dont play much any more.

they used to have a $50 tourny at the local bar a couple yrs ago.i did pretty well in them came out $1100 ahead for the winter.

I play with some ppl here at my school every so often. So far im 8-0 playing here.

I cant stand playing online for fake money because you dont bet properly for fake money... Never tried playing online for real money. Might drop by it though.

I think it may be better practice playing for the fake money and people betting more agressively, JMO. It's actually easier with real money to use more psychological betting to throw people off.

I play with some ppl here at my school every so often. So far im 8-0 playing here.

I cant stand playing online for fake money because you dont bet properly for fake money... Never tried playing online for real money. Might drop by it though.

I get pissed pretty quick with the idiot that plays the 7 2 when I raise pre flop from 10 - 2000, and takes the pot.

However, that's the game.

You're pretty good CG. What's the other site you were talking about? That Poker Stars is a little ridiculous with the constant flush draws.

I'm getting better though. I took 400 to 12K pretty quick and I'm starting to know what my oppenent has some of the time. It's tough though with the fake $$. I got beat on hands I'd have taken with real $$. Nobody is going to pay 3 or 4K to see if they can pull off a flush or straight in real life.

I've made a 100k today in a couple hours of pokerstars. There is definately more luck involved with fake $$$ (nothing to lose).

wow , i just went from 5000 to 265, 000 in one hour at one table on party poker. i was on a roll.
ive always been VERY good at poker, just have the right brain for it.

You're pretty good CG. What's the other site you were talking about? That Poker Stars is a little ridiculous with the constant flush draws.

I'm getting better though. I took 400 to 12K pretty quick and I'm starting to know what my oppenent has some of the time. It's tough though with the fake $$. I got beat on hands I'd have taken with real $$. Nobody is going to pay 3 or 4K to see if they can pull off a flush or straight in real life.

True poker.

Poker: Texas Hold Em Online Games & Free Tournaments, Poker Chips

It's great if you want to do a sit&go. You can pick from several differeny buy ins, the max being 500. There are also trnys ever hour with like..a max of 100 people. and at certin times in the day they have bigger trnys but it's been a while since I played and can't remember. After a while when all the idiots get knocked out people actually play poker. They have promos were you can win trips and stuff without having to use real money.

The cash games suck but the trnys are good. It's a neat interface as well. Heres a screen shot I just took.

However, back in the day it gave me problems on windows 98. The community cards are much more realistic.

PS Party poker sucks hard.

See ya on the tables.
kkkkkkkk.JPG

We should have a get together on pokerstars with a table full of ST'rs. It was fun playing with Ez last night. He has much more patience than me!.

"I've been watching a lot of that World Series of Poker on TV. That stuff is dangerous. Watch enough of it and you begin to get the feeling that you might actually be able to play this game with the big boys. Then you go to Vegas and walk into one of those big time card rooms, and before long you figure out - they don't let you see the other guys cards. Now how the heck am I supposed to know how much to bet?"

- Ron White -

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520