• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Presidents Cup 2011 - Melbourne, Australia

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread but thought that it deserved one of its own.

The next Presidents Cup will be held on November 14 - 20, 2011 at the Royal Melbourne Golf Club, Victoria, Australia.

The Royal Melbourne Golf Club

I thought for all of those members who intend visiting Australia "one day" that this would be the ideal opportunity. There's a good chance all of the Aussie members will be there and it'd be great to meet some of our northern hemisphere friends.

I've pasted the link to the Presidents Cup website immediately below which has information about the travel packages being offered through that website. However, I'm happy to act as a point of contact or enquiry for those considering visiting our fair shores including about alternative travel providers/packages.

For those wondering how long they should/could visit - you could easily have the time of your life over two - three weeks with some fun sight seeing and playing at some great resort courses.

I have some suggestions about what you could do for that period but I'll gauge the reaction of the members first. But as an entree a possible itinerary could be:
  • Week 1 - arrive in Melbourne, do some sight seeing around what is Australia's 2nd largest city, then take in the President's cup.
  • Week 2(a) - (option 1) fly north to Sydney (New South Wales) and have a look around our largest city on one of the world's most beautiful harbour.
  • Week 2(b) - (option 2) - this option skips Sydney and heads straight to the Gold Coast (see week 3).
  • Week 3 - The Gold Coast is second largest city in the north eastern State of Queensland. It is on the coast and has some of Australia's finest beaches, resort golf courses and theme parks. I recommend this leg as the place to get your golfing fix.
You'll find many of the Gold Coast courses listed in this link here -> Gold Coast Golf Courses - Gold Coast Australia .com

The Presidents Cup 2011 Travel Packages, Tickets and Tournament Information - Harding Park, San Francisco

Let me know who's interested?

Oh, and by the way, the US team will need all the support it can get because the only time it's been beaten by the Internationals away from home was in Australia. :biggrin:

Footnote: No, I'm not a travel agent & there's no hidden agenda to this post.

Week 2(a) - (option 1) fly north to Sydney (New South Wales) and have a look around our largest city on one of the world's most beautiful harbour.

..with a guided tour around the Quey Area and Opera House by one of our members.....me!!!

Think i can convince the Fiancée that we need to go to Australia instead of have a wedding?

...Me either :(

Think i can convince the Fiancée that we need to go to Australia instead of have a wedding?

...Me either :(

Well, Honey Moon in Australia would be THE BOMB!!!!!

You take her to the Taronga Zoo and to a couple of Beaches and in return you assist the President's!!!!

Day 1 pairings.

386768_10150944545690573_149273895572_21669117_1055301470_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35