• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R9 adapters

bryguy

Reaction score
Fatcity and others, where do you guys get your R9 sleeves at? I am looking at the ones my ostrich golf carries. I am kinda leary of ebaying them, as I do not want to get any fake ones. How are the ostrich ones? I think they are made by billy bob's, anyone tried those yet? I need one 350 and one 335. Thanks!!!

Can't speak for the R9 adapters but every other shaft adapter I've got from them has been quality.

Just FYI.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, no doubt there Lefty. I am sure the R9 adapters are good, and I will probably just end up ordering from them. Top notch service with them everytime I have dealt with them..

Actually just got an email a day or so ago from MyOstrich, looks like Tim has taken a short term corporate position away from MyOstrich. So normal operations will be scaled back slightly until the recession is completely over. Sad to see this, but I guess he has to do what he has to do.

Just thought I should let you know that unfortunately the customer service and shipping times may go downhill slightly but I think it's important to support these small guys. Good luck to the company and I hope they come back full strength.

I've always gotten my R9 tips from Diane, iheartburner on ebay. She's in Singapore, but she sells the real ones for sure. Shipping takes a bit of time if you on the east coast, but it's not bad. She'll take a best offer, generally around 13-15% less than listed, cheaper if you buy more.

She's got the real sleeves, and I've picked up some tour issued tips from her, with the underline NU on them to adjust the heads even more. I have an HD-6 with the NU underline tip, and a Fubuki 73 with the NU underline tip, and I love 'em. Wider range of adjustment, and my miss now is a disgustingly huge pull hook. I've cranked them wide open now, and I now I get a slight hook, or a what could be called a decent looking draw when I miss on the left.

I've been really cautious in buying tips, and haven't bought any aftermarket, not made by TM ones.. Ive got around 9 or 10 of them now, and all of them are real, and adjust properly.

If you can't find any Bry.. I'll take a look.. I've got several OEM ones floating around.. I KNOW I have some .350 tips.. I might have one extra .335... or maybe 2.. Maybe I only have one, and I shimmed the other. The brass shims with the .350 tips work great if you don't care about the tip saying TP on it when it's uninstalled.... :)

I checked out your source on Ebay, and she has 2 Super tri TP tips(one 335 and one 350) fedex'd for $99. May go that route, as they will work with the regular R9 as well. Still have not made up my mind. The my ostrich golf ones look pretty good. I need to order some other things from there, may just give them a go.

Does she not have the regular R9 tips, pre- SuperTri?

They work in all the heads too, and can be found cheaper. They are the same thing..

she had few, but not to many. When I get ready to pull the trigger, I'll send her an email specifically asking her for what I need.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back