• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Re gripping irons with bubble shafts...

obagain said:
Do not use anythig other than grips designed for that shaft. If you do there is a good chance the butt end will collapse.
We have seen it many times and there is no way to fix it, the shaft is ruined.
There is a plug in the end of the shaft, make sure this stays in or any grip will collapse the shaft.

From the shaft design i guess that figures.

The TM grips are like £6 each. Ouch!

You should try and find a set of R300's or the like with taper tips. They're usually cheap. Then have a clubfitter install them for you.

It would make alot more sense than trying to find grips all the time.

R35

Rockford35 said:
You should try and find a set of R300's or the like with taper tips. They're usually cheap. Then have a clubfitter install them for you.

It would make alot more sense than trying to find grips all the time.

R35

this is the first time i have changed the grips on these irons, i have had them since 1996 :eek:

This is the current grip - http://www.integragolf.co.uk/products.php?productId=148#

However i don't really like the look of it, could i use this grip?

http://www.integragolf.co.uk/products.php?productId=146#

its still TM and designed for bubble shaft (albeit 300 series?) As it looks much nicer and more modern.

Thanks

Chris

Woosey said:
From the shaft design i guess that figures.

The TM grips are like £6 each. Ouch!

At that price, you can probably find a steel shaft for each head for a similar price with normal a normal butt end size. It will cost a bit more initially, but will save on grip changes in the long run.

what sort of cost (roughly) would i be looking at?

I quite like my s90 plus shafts though :S

having said that, i hit steel shafted irons just as well.

You can get into TT Dynamic Golds for about $10 US a shaft (quoting a Golfsmith price, not sure what it would be in the UK or Europe).

ualtim said:
You can get into TT Dynamic Golds for about $10 US a shaft (quoting a Golfsmith price, not sure what it would be in the UK or Europe).

just looked, i can get them for £85 if i get 9

however how much has iron technology come on since my irons were made, there far from cutting edge and i might be better off putting the money towards a newer set?

Edit ebay comes up trumps, can have 11 shafts (1-9 pw, sw) for £64

Rock
Nice detail on the regripping but think you forgot to mention to get a shaft/vise doohickey - the rubber dealie that holds the shaft in the vise without damage while you push the grip on. $5 to make life so much easier. sorry for the use of such technical terms but old tired and little toasted tonight :)

Got an email back from the Ebay ad-

Hi

10 of these grips will be £24.10 including postage within the UK.

And yes these are the correct grips for all taylor made bubble shafts. You do require a tool to get the grips on though, and I will provide that for you.

The problem with the bubble shafts is the big bulge just down from the butt of the shaft..

If you try to install one of the grips and it doesn’t fit, I will provide a refund.

Let me know if you are interested

Regards

Graeme

sounds like its genuine? I really dont want to mess my irons up though :(

DouginGA said:
Rock
Nice detail on the regripping but think you forgot to mention to get a shaft/vise doohickey - the rubber dealie that holds the shaft in the vise without damage while you push the grip on. $5 to make life so much easier. sorry for the use of such technical terms but old tired and little toasted tonight :)

Doug,

Good point. I don't use a vise personally, I find it doesn't add much in terms of leverage. Or, more accurately, i find that I don't need the vice to put the grip on. But that's just me.

See, regripping is so easy, you don't even need a vice! :D

Woosey, Had I known you needed shafts, I would have sold you a set of S300's that I had lying around. Sold those bad boys for $40CDN....a steal...

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427