• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Regripping a Heavy Putter

Bignose

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a Heavy Putter (the brand name, not just a putter with a lot of weight) from a buddy, but I really do not like the grip that comes with it. I really, really like the Golf Pride MultiCompound putter grip I have on my current putter. Is the counter balance weight in the heavy putter in the grip itself or in the shaft? That is, could I regrip the putter without ruining what it is designed to do?

Thanks in advance...

I could be mistaken, but I thought the weight of the heavy putter was in the head and its heavy shaft.

If it has a heavy grip too you can add a counter weight to pretty much any putter grip. Balance Certified and Tour Lock Pro are the two brands that come to mind - any pretty much any clubmaker can add one for you if you decide you need it (you may like it without it too though)

I have not regripped my HP yet, but there is built in counter weight down the shaft. You should be able to regrip with just about any putter grip you please with minimal to no impact to the weight of the club. A couple of grams in the grip should not throw off the remaining 900 grams in the rest of the putter.

That's what I wanted to know, ualtim. I just wanted to confirm that the weight is in the shaft and not under or part of the grip.

Thanks guys.

That's what I wanted to know, ualtim. I just wanted to confirm that the weight is in the shaft and not under or part of the grip.

Thanks guys.

yep, lead in upper part of shaft changes balance. Exterior of shaft is normal.

Great putter. Like it has a gyroscope in the head, really holds a line.

Stuck one of the Jumbo Tiger Shark grips on my B-1 Heavy Putter with no problems. Great combo.

Thanks daveperk and westender,

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35