• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Regular vs tour clubs

Queball915

Reaction score
I'm thinking about changing my regular rocketbladez to rocketbladez tour since I thought about getting speedbladez but I was reading that their basically the same club. I have relatively fast swing speed and have a natural high ball flight as it is. Some say they're a strictly for single digit people and others including top instructors I know say it's can help anyone who prefers it. What are the main differences between those sets?

I have the Rocketbladez Tour and the difference is mainly that the tour is good for somebody that plays 1-2 rounds per week and stays in "tune" with their game and the regular Rocketbladez are for people that play once per month.

Maybe the monthly player forgot how to draw or fade their iron shots, or needs help from the sole in setting up square to the target line. Or they need help from the offset in the head in getting behind the ball for accuracy with power. Or they need stronger lofts because they dont develop power in their swing and need a different club really, so their buddies dont call them a girlly-man.

I cut a Rocketbladez tour 9 iron around a tree and rolled it up to the hole by playing the contour of hills on the left side of the green. The regular Rocketbladez would have tried to straighten my fade and I would have missed left.

I can hook a shovel but I can't hardly fade one. A lot of equipment tends to cater to the slicer. The tour versions tend to have a square to slightly open face....among other things that Tricky mentioned.

The Rocketbladz Tour iron has about 2mm less offset and 2" weaker loft than it's comparable Rocketbladz iron. This is pretty typical. The non-Tour versions will have added offset to assist those who need to keep the ball from going right. And, the stronger lofts stroke the ego of those who want to hit a 7-iron where their buddies hit a 6. Those playing the Tour version find the reduced offset allows more ability to work the ball either way. And, the weaker lofts can assist in bringing the ball into a green on a higher trajectory.

Limp is right. That trajectory is how you stop it mainly, especially if the greens are firm or fast. Most greens arent all that soft to catch a low ball, and if they are, they arent soft all year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520