• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rickie Fowler: 'I Want to Be Part of the Crew'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
ABOVE: Shots of the week from Abu Dhabi.

RICKIE FOWLER CAPTURED HIS FOURTH VICTORY in the last nine months by besting an elite field at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in the United Emirates on Sunday. Fowler closed with a 69 to edge Belgian Thomas Pieters (67) by a shot.

The win in a European Tour field that included the No. 1, 3 and 5 players in the world raised Rickie's stock and world ranking. Fowler jumped from sixth to fourth in the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR), as he seeks to crash the party at the top of the mountain.

''I want to be part of the crew," Fowler said about the current "Big Three" of Jordan Spieth, Jason Day and Rory McIlroy.

"It would be a pretty good foursome. I think I mentioned through the summer at some point, I said I was a sneaky fourth. We've got to take care of a major and then maybe I can join the crew.''

The 54-hole leader at Abu Dhabi, Fowler has shown he can finish, although it took two greenside hole-outs during his final round to eek out his second European Tour win.

''It was not how it was planned," he said, "but came out on top.''

A "tired" Spieth finished in a tie for fifth after a final-round 68. The 22-year-old Texan confessed to being "beat up, mentally and physically" after a globetrotting schedule that has taken him to the United Emirates, Australia, Hawaii, China and the Bahamas in the last few months.

"I'm not 100 percent right," Spieth said.

Meanwhile, McIlroy finished third, calling his performance "a good finish and a lot of good golf there."

Source: Rickie Fowler: 'I Want to Be Part of the Crew'

In my humble opinion he is definitely part of the crew. Whenever you mention top shelf talent his name will be part of the equation.

Now, about those shoes.........................

He's already there, IMO. The wardrobe is extremely questionable but if he wants to look like a hipster its on him. The talent is there.

He's up against some serious talent. Remember how long it took Phil to win his first major? And he wasn't even playing against talent this deep.

Rickie is ready for a major, but for it to happen this year, the stars are going to have to align.

Rickie is top shelf in my book. Just not as top shelf as the other three.

I wish I was as bad as Rickie.

Rickie is a great guy and I wish him all the success in the world. I think the best thing that has ever happened to him was that assnine "overrated" poll. Certainly put a chip on his shoulder methinks...

I too think he needs a major and there is a good chance he picks it up this year.

Rickie is a great guy and I wish him all the success in the world. I think the best thing that has ever happened to him was that assnine "overrated" poll. Certainly put a chip on his shoulder methinks...

I too think he needs a major and there is a good chance he picks it up this year.

He'll win a major - he's too good not to. That over-rated bullshit was.....................well, bullshit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520

3. 15,300