• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scores for the Week of May 2

I am still on dial-up and did not get on the site much over the weekend...

I think we have it well sorted now. Having gaps in play will not penalize a player or his team. It's built on average over a number of rounds with no impact of time...

BamaDuffer made a very practical suggestion to wait until Sunday to post your score. This will be especially true with the Canucks who seem to go on golf blitzkreigs over the course of several days. I am fairly regular at once a week (on either Saturday or Sunday) but every once in awhile - I get two rounds in..If I posted on Saturday night and got a kitchen pass for Sunday - I would screw it up.

I Have brought it to bd's attention that I think Slope is a better indicator of relative course difficulty for most players in our tourney, but we can continue with Index and be OK..Silver probably played a course like mine with a fairly low Index but a higher slope and it knocked down his posted Stableford by one. This is what happened to me - despite playing on a course with a high slope - which means to the bogey golfer that it is a hard(er) course - not easier. I posted 26 points but was credited with 25 due to the course index of 69.7.

Well we are on the way. Lot's of questions once play began and this is normal...

Bravo said:
I am still on dial-up and did not get on the site much over the weekend...

I think we have it well sorted now. Having gaps in play will not penalize a player or his team. It's built on average over a number of rounds with no impact of time...

BamaDuffer made a very practical suggestion to wait until Sunday to post your score. This will be especially true with the Canucks who seem to go on golf blitzkreigs over the course of several days. I am fairly regular at once a week (on either Saturday or Sunday) but every once in awhile - I get two rounds in..If I posted on Saturday night and got a kitchen pass for Sunday - I would screw it up.

I Have brought it to bd's attention that I think Slope is a better indicator of relative course difficulty for most players in our tourney, but we can continue with Index and be OK..Silver probably played a course like mine with a fairly low Index but a higher slope and it knocked down his posted Stableford by one. This is what happened to me - despite playing on a course with a high slope - which means to the bogey golfer that it is a hard(er) course - not easier. I posted 26 points but was credited with 25 due to the course index of 69.7.

Well we are on the way. Lot's of questions once play began and this is normal...
Bravo brought up the slope/index to me in PM, and it is a good point. Just so everyone understands why I chose to use index:

The euro brothers here on the board do not have a slope index for their courses. They have a "scratch" rating which corresponds directly to our "index" rating. So, the only fair way I could see to adjust scores for difficulty was with the index/scratch rating. I hope everyone understands and can forgive whatever awkwardness. Also, anyone who doesn't have a course index, or just wants to play the course straight up can just enter 72 as the index since this is the divisor. This method will just give a literal, unadjusted point value.

I agree with bd on this point. It will all even out in the end... It's great that we have the rules down and are ready to go.

BD:

I had a round in there a cuple of days ago which you can put down as my first score however i entered a score last week also and it took it alright but you can edit that one out.
Thanks

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427