• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scots Wha Hae!

mac red

Reaction score
:sc: Might as well start flying the flag now folks especially as Catriona Matthew is currently lying in =2 place!

Hello and Good Evening (at least it is where I am).

I'm female and have played this royal and ancient game for more than (ahem) 50 years.

I prefer links golf.

Welcome aboard Mac! :)

Cheers Slingblade61. Being an older mac red (some say I fell off the tree a long time ago!) it may take me a wee while to find my way around here so I beg everyone's patience.:confused:

No worries Mac, its not too hard to figure out.

Were all a few yards farther from the tree than we should be, so you'll fit right in.

Hey! I'm from Ayr on the SW Coast of Scotland and play at Prestwick St Nicholas G.C. Adam_Pettman is from the Kirkcudbright area. Where are you from and where do you play?

Welcome to the forums BTW.

Welcome Mac. I visited Scotland last year and the links courses there are great fun, except for the wind. And the rain. And the wind. Did I mention the wind?

Hi welcome to the Froum as Scotty said I'm down in the south west of the country, some great courses down here especially Brighouse Bay which is a spectacular links golf course.

Cheers for the welcome guys.

I would love to tell you where I play but that combined with my h'cap (6) would be too much information. Think about it. How many female single-figure h'cap golfers have you ever come across in the UK?

Suffice to say that my club has hosted a number of premier events and it's not in Ayrshire or Kirkcudbrightshire!

Scotty, I've never played Prestwick St. Nicholas but I believe it is a very fine course. I did get the opportunity to play Old Prestwick (badly!) a few years ago. Never could figure out how to play that 16th hole.:confused:

I would love to tell you where I play but that combined with my h'cap (6) would be too much information. Think about it. How many female single-figure h'cap golfers have you ever come across in the UK?

Suffice to say that my club has hosted a number of premier events and it's not in Ayrshire or Kirkcudbrightshire!

Scotty, I've never played Prestwick St. Nicholas but I believe it is a very fine course. I did get the opportunity to play Old Prestwick (badly!) a few years ago. Never could figure out how to play that 16th hole.:confused:

There's a few at my club alone. I know one who my mum plays with, who plays off 3...

You're being careful about giving away information. I myself am not that paranoid, which is good in some ways, and bad in others. I would would never have thought about how easy it would be for someone to find out who you are knowing just your gender, your home course and your handicap.

Shame we have to be so fearful of each other, but that's the world we've made for ourselves, yes?

Anyway, I hope that, given time, you can feel as much a part of our small and ultimately trustworthy (so far, anyway) community as I do.

"Paranoid" indeed and to think that men have the cheek to accuse women of over-reacting!:laugh:

Just for the record and, contrary to what you said Eracer, it would be comparatively easy to locate my name if I gave you my club merely by consulting a UK scores/h'cap website.

Now, do you still think I should tell you the name of my club?

"Paranoid" indeed and to think that men have the cheek to accuse women of over-reacting!:laugh:

Just for the record and, contrary to what you said Eracer, it would be comparatively easy to locate my name if I gave you my club merely by consulting a UK scores/h'cap website.

Now, do you still think I should tell you the name of my club?

Perhaps I didn't express myself well. I agreed that it would be easy to find you that way. And your cautiousness is well thought out.

I was simply expressing my own dismay that you feel the need to be so protective of your privacy, just as I am dismayed that so many of us live in fear. I understand that need, and no, I have no desire to infringe upon it.

Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427