• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotty Cameron Custom Newport Firesale

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Reaction score
I just committed to one of Chris' BBC Youpons, and I need to raise some cash. I'm selling one of these two Newports. I'm going to keep one, the first one sold goes, the one left stays.

Both are 330 gram/35" and come with the limited headcovers pictured.

The copper is my current gamer, plated by George Palombi, and has developed a nice patina. I had him leave a few players marks to give it an all business look. It's shafted with a fluted shaft and has a cocoa winn wrap "P" style grip.

The black one is the infamous Evil Putter that has gone around the world. It's 3X black (matte topline, satin face, shiny sole), shafted with an old Loomis graphite shaft, gripped with a Gripmaster Black leather wrap.

Either is going to go for $250 shipped & paypalled.
copper3.jpg
black3.jpg

FXCK ME! I don't believe it!

Wirehair,

Is the shaft in the black one the original shaft?

Curious as to why you call it the "Evil Putter"?

Robert

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wirehair,

Is the shaft in the black one the original shaft?

Curious as to why you call it the "Evil Putter"?

Robert

I've owned it 3 times now, keep selling it and buying it back. That and the fact that it's really murdered out, black head, shaft & grip. See IG's comment above, he is also a previous owner.

The Loomis shaft is one of the really old (early 90's) shafts, but if it was one of the Scotty branded Loomis shafts you'd certainly see much more than $250.

Here's more.
Something Wicked!

Here's what it looked like the first time I owned it.
Newport Project

Is all the paintfill orange?

Is all the paintfill orange?

Orange? No orange involved here, Black one has gold paint, copper putter is ink blue.

A few more pics, (these are quickies I took this AM)

These are both personal collection items that I intended to keep.:scotty:
black1.jpg
black2.jpg
copper1.jpg
copper2.jpg

Orange? No orange involved here, Black one has gold paint, copper putter is ink blue.

Sorry. The black one looks like it has orange paintfill to me.

My mistake.

I've got a deal pending on something else, these 2 will go back on the wall.

Wirehair is the copper off the market?

hehe, I got to play that evil black [-]ak47[/-] putter today. nice feel with that lightweight shaft on it :) 'ol Evil black sank several loooong putts, but alas, I wasnt behind it :)

Wirehair is the copper off the market?

Yeah, until my SSB copper gets here and passes the test, the copper one is my early morning/wet weather gamer, but nothing is really totally off the market.:p

hehe, I got to play that evil black [-]ak47[/-] putter today. nice feel with that lightweight shaft on it :) 'ol Evil black sank several loooong putts, but alas, I wasnt behind it :)

Sherril Park - #2, 50 feet for my first and only birdie of the day.:D

Yeah, until my SSB copper gets here and passes the test, the copper one is my early morning/wet weather gamer, but nothing is really totally off the market.:p

Thats the truth..lol...You say the weight is 330 gram, how does that compare to a NP2 thats off the rack, are they the same?

Thats the truth..lol...You say the weight is 330 gram, how does that compare to a NP2 thats off the rack, are they the same?

Pretty much, but some NP2 models may have different weights. 340 and 350 gram NP2's exist, but are not common, and are usually marked on the putter. For lots of years the Cameron mantra was 330/35, 340/34, 350/33. All those will be about D2 depending on the grip.

New putters, Studio Selects, have those replaceable weights and are variable. You see a lot that are 350/34.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back