• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sergio's belly putter.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Reaction score
Not before time as well, imo. Sergio would be world #2 by some way if he had a half decent putting game, his Driving & iron play is up there with the best. I said about 6 months ago that I'd like to see him try a belly putter or maybe even a chest putter. It looks like it's working for him. Apparently he's played one Tourney in the States with it which he putted poorly in. He used it last week at the Scottish open were it improved each day and on the final day he shot a 65, about time too, Good luck Sergi.

I've noticed today that as well as the Singh's & Monty's of this world there are a lot of the Younger players using the Bellys this week. They must of heard that I've got so there jumping on my band wagon.

He putted better with it but I still dont like the fact that there allowed it takes out all the nerves from putting.

I'm seriously considering getting one, my putting lately has been horrid and the physics make sense.

I'm betting his 65 today will have the sales of belly putters going crazy.

Unless he shoots 75 tomorrow. :laugh:

I just pulled my Carbite belly putter out of the closet after seeing Sergio putt. I made my first 5 in a row, all 7 footers, then missed the next 10. :D

They are great on short putts, but getting the distance right on those long ones is difficult. Still, I may give it a shot this afternoon.

Not one major has been won with one,so its a bit far fetched to suggest nerves are totally eradicated with one.If that was the case they would all use one

I just pulled my Carbite belly putter out of the closet after seeing Sergio putt. I made my first 5 in a row, all 7 footers, then missed the next 10. :D

They are great on short putts, but getting the distance right on those long ones is difficult. Still, I may give it a shot this afternoon.

There not miracle sticks by any means but I stumbled across the correct length for me and I don't have a problem with distance control.

As for nerves it can still go off in your hands and as Dave has said no one has won any of the Majors with one.

Serg does a great job of aligning the putter with his arms.

On the side camera views, I couldn't even tell he was using a belly...but he was ice with that thing.

Today.

I'm betting his 65 today will have the sales of belly putters going crazy.

Unless he shoots 75 tomorrow. :laugh:

I'll put 10 dollars on it.

R35

I'll take your money Rock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters