• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft help PLEASE>>>>

Sssmokin doesn't come around anymore to talk golf. He's too good for us now.:D

lol, yeah he is to good for us. He just sent me a text, to come over someday.. I might stop in tomarow. Ok, so save the money get a lesson, to fix an anomaly that happens only when I go in for a shaft fitting? but, don't we all want a new driver?

lol, yeah he is to good for us. He just sent me a text, to come over someday.. I might stop in tomarow. Ok, so save the money get a lesson, to fix an anomaly that happens only when I go in for a shaft fitting? but, don't we all want a new driver?
Sounds like you want to ho a driver... far be it for us to stop you. Ho away. With the #'s you posted it's really hard to make any shaft suggestion though. If not a lesson at least go hit on a monitor again if you can. If it was an anomoly then it shouldn't happen again and you'll be able to make a conclusion that will aid you in finding the right shaft for you. I have a driver for sale cheap if you want to try something for cheap. See the thread in Classifieds section there is a thread for a 2hy and my driver is also in there. It's a designed for Cleveland Whiteboard, but still a great shaft. I'll get and post the specs shortly.

Sounds like you want to ho a driver... far be it for us to stop you. Ho away. With the #'s you posted it's really hard to make any shaft suggestion though. If not a lesson at least go hit on a monitor again if you can. If it was an anomoly then it shouldn't happen again and you'll be able to make a conclusion that will aid you in finding the right shaft for you. I have a driver for sale cheap if you want to try something for cheap. See the thread in Classifieds section there is a thread for a 2hy and my driver is also in there. It's a designed for Cleveland Whiteboard, but still a great shaft. I'll get and post the specs shortly.

yeah I wanted to go today, but wanted to just be lazy instead. Its just wierd for mr to hit a monitor, and not see the ball flight after. I think I was just going after it, and dipping into it, and things were just bad. I do hit it pretty ok. Just want a light driver. I don't mind ho'n clubs either. I was nice and gave my home club a Callaway, steelhead plus driver and 5 wood, and a 975J, and a set of Tour Edge irons just cause I didn't need em. I do have a few putters, and iron sets, but I think there is only ywo putters I would part with, as well as get rid of the rocket ballz iron set.

Agree. I have no idea what direction to point you in shaft wise, and I know a lot of shafts. Have ho'd most if them.

Those #'s just don't add up.

Sounds like you want to ho a driver... far be it for us to stop you. Ho away.

lol, My manager in the pro shop I used work for used to call me a golf slut, cause I would play with any one, any where, why not ho out to lol

An anomaly? You just said you always hit a low ball...

First it was carrying 240 then it was carrying 184, just go buy a driver lol, that's what you want to do. No. Need to justify it to us, we sure don't!

An anomaly? You just said you always hit a low ball...

First it was carrying 240 then it was carrying 184, just go buy a driver lol, that's what you want to do. No. Need to justify it to us, we sure don't!
hey, I do hit it lo.......... never mind, I'm just really here to make friends, find an excuse to buy a driver, and find the right shaft.....

hey, I do hit it lo.......... never mind, I'm just really here to make friends, find an excuse to buy a driver, and find the right shaft.....
The right shaft is all about feel and confidence. There's a very respectable guy on YouTube that hit two exact same irons with different shafts multiple times each, one an extra stiff, and the other a ladies. The difference wasn't even measurable on the trackman monitor. obviously irons aren't drivers, but i doubt there is much difference between driver shafts. Good contact in the center of the face is far more important.

Take the VR Pro in your sig and put a Project-X 6.0 in it.

Done.

The Diamana Whiteboard 64vTL (designed for Cleveland) in my Cleveland specs like this:
Stiff .350tip .600butt mid-high flexpoint 3.4 torque

see, thats what I'm looking for
They have a mid-low kick point which will give you more launch angle. It might also give you more spin though, which you really don't need but it probably won't hurt. Try it out, it might knock your socks off.

And like I said in that necro thread - if it doesn't work for you, send it to me. I'll be happy to test it further. :D

ok, so I talked to sssmokin, gonna swap shafts with him, and try the stock Voo Doo stif for the VR Pro

ok, so I talked to sssmokin, gonna swap shafts with him, and try the stock Voo Doo stif for the VR Pro
There should be a joke to this statement . Swapping shafts with Sssmokin, is that before or after you look at his girly pics?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300