• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sheesh! Whats with all you old people!

token_hottie said:
Couture for strippers and whores?
Not quite the answer I was expecting, but if it works and brings joy to ones life in the process, then I guess it was no worse than the answer I expected. Since my wife wouldn't let me side my house with all the vinyl in my basement, I guess I now have a secondary use.
:)

lildudejds said:
lets see here..

i know all the words to..

time, another brick, one of my turns, hey you, in the flesh, run like hell, the trial, wish you were here, welcome to the machine...umm lots more...

and so wait...pink floyd isnt just one guy? i always thought he and lynyrd skynyrd were only one guy....

just kidding of course

Go back and listen to some of the earlier Pink Floyd. The real early stuff, with Syd Barrett might be a little "obscure" for your taste. But listen to "Ummagumma" and "Meddle". "Meddle" is a very under-appreciated Floyd album, IMO.

As far as the talk about Fleetwood Mac. They were a kick-ass blues band, fronted by one of the most phenomenal guitar players of all time, Peter Green. Then the women came and turned them into mush. If you have any appreciation for rockin' blues at all, and want to hear who Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton listened to, then check out

"Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac - Live at the BBC"

Definitely one of the most kickin' records ever made.

Since my wife wouldn't let me side my house with all the vinyl in my basement, I guess I now have a secondary use.

Whatcha got? :) I have about 12 feet of vinyl LPs & a Mitsubishi linear tracking turntable I bought on ebay & a record cleaning machine. LPs sound so much better when they are really cleaned before playing. And they can sound really good.

For rare stuff that cannot be found in digital form, I like to run the analog LP signal into my computer, digitize and "clean" some of the pops & clicks, and record to CD-R.

Eracer said:
You mean when he listens to music by Linkin' Park, Disturbed, My Chemical Romance, etc. and says, "what the F*CK were we thinking?"
... and to think, 20 years from now there will be golfers humming the mellow relaxing songs like Paper Cut and One Step Closer, saying how much it helps their tempo.

Maybe we are the ones in for a rude awakening :eek:

Maybe Dave Navarro can do the commentary for Q-School if INXS isn't looking for a new singer by then.

SiberianDVM said:
Whatcha got? :) I have about 12 feet of vinyl LPs & a Mitsubishi linear tracking turntable I bought on ebay & a record cleaning machine. LPs sound so much better when they are really cleaned before playing. And they can sound really good.
Probably close to 2500. A large number being imported copies. I had about 1500 in college with 2 Yamaha Turntables that I used to do DJ work with in college, when there was still an art to being able to do the work and required an aquired skill to transition between two songs. I spent almost the same on the Cartridge and Stylus for each, as I did on the turntables. Somewhere between then and now I picked up about another 1000 for family members that were going to throw them out. I basically financed a large part of my drinking money in college through DJ'ing and Scalping tickets.

I haven't listened to them in close to 15 years and have about 50 GB of MP3's, and a large part of the same collection, although I am getting close to being done with my basement which is 1700 Sq Ft, so I will be setting them up when I am done. I just remember the movers wanting to shoot me when they had to carry them down to the basement when we moved here. I told him he should be happy that I didn't want them upstairs.

edit 1 - here's a scary one for you, I also still have a high quality 8 track and reel to reel. I am thinking of moding the 8 track with a 60 GB Hard drive for the bar in the basement, put the Hard drive in a 8 Track Casing.

egriffith45 said:
its funny that you mention getting a song in your head. when ever i play my best im singing a song in my head, it really helps me not over think and keep a good tempo.

Maybe that's why fuzzy whistles all the time.

The all time best tempo song

Has got to be "unchained", oh wait thats the all time lets get a speeding ticket song, sorry wrong forum.:)

Originally Posted by Eracer
Must know all the words to at least ten Pink Floyd songs?
lildudejds said:
lets see here..

i know all the words to..

time, another brick, one of my turns, hey you, in the flesh, run like hell, the trial, wish you were here, welcome to the machine...umm lots more...

and so wait...pink floyd isnt just one guy? i always thought he and lynyrd skynyrd were only one guy....

just kidding of course
lil dude by my count that was only nine unless umm lots more... is a song :)

FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
edit 1 - here's a scary one for you, I also still have a high quality 8 track and reel to reel. I am thinking of moding the 8 track with a 60 GB Hard drive for the bar in the basement, put the Hard drive in a 8 Track Casing.

I've got a '73 Olds with an 8 track player in it. At a garage sale I also bought an 8 track recorder & about 125 blank tapes. I'm using them sparingly. Fats Waller, Hank Williams, Moody Blues & Melissa Etheridge on 8 track.

wirehair said:
Melissa Etheridge on 8 track.
lol
Along with going to The University of Kansas, I also went to Leavenworth High School my Freshman and Sophomore years when my father was stationed in Ft. Leavenworth. She graduated from there, and played a few of the High School shows while I was there, although she graduated with my sister 4 years prior. Her father, who has since passed, was a teacher at the high school, and was a really nice guy. I have always liked her music. She used to go back to the HS and sit in on her fathers classes to talk to the students.

Ahhh, the memories.

lildudejds said:
ive just been reading and all these constant scores comming in over 100......ive been playing for a year only and ive already broke 90...i shoot consistent 90's....

You know what i think it is.....you all think to much...just get up and hit the ball....get a song in your head and sing it all round..the day i shot 89 i had pink floyd in my head:) ....maybe its cuz you are married too...which i guess there is nothing you can do about....

but yeah ...good luck friends on the season.....i hope to see all of our scores drop.....

if i sounded like a jerk....i wasnt...im saying this all in fun...just cuz all of you sound so smart and are letting a 16 year old smoke ya:)

I obviously don't know you but I do have some questions for you. You say you consitantly score in the 90's? Do you take Mulligans? Do you take penalties for drops? Do you play a multitude of courses or do you stick to one? What is the slope/course rating on this course you play? What tees do you hit from?

I think a lot of people on this site take golf very seriously, no matter what the intent, no one likes for a kid to tell them they need improvement. In fact no one should tell anyone they need to improve their game unless that person is a paid instructor. I'm sure your intentions were good but this post was pretty bad. IMHO.

As for choice of music, Journey "Don't Stop Believin"

no mulligans(except the first tee of course) yes i take penalties, ill be honest, the course is pretty easy, i hit from either the far back ties or the second to last far back tee.

And i wasnt giving advice, i was just making a simple joke. Sorry if i offended you....

and Journey is fantastic! i saw them in concert last summer and of course they didnt have Steve Perry...but they were still just as incredible, they didnt need them. Just as Styx is just as amazing WITHOUT dennis deyoung.

Courses can make a big difference but you have to be hitting good solid shots pretty consistantly to be in low 90's anywhere. I range from the high 90's at the 129 slope I play to the low 90's at the 118 slope. Of course the 118 is a par 70, the 129 is a 72 and is 500yds. longer.
I usually listen to a cd I made on the way to the course. Sevendust-Too close to hate or if I'm in the mood for some easy listening Metallica-Sanatarium is my fav.:)

lildudejds said:
no mulligans(except the first tee of course)
???????
So, is a crappy shot not a crappy shot if it happens on the first tee??? I wish I had it so lucky, I usually try to find a shovel or a chainsaw for a 14th club for my second shot on the first hole on some of the courses I play.

that again was a joke....yes the first shot counts...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520