• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shoes

You shouldn't have given up, it only takes about 20 rounds walking to break in a new pair of DryJoys. You were halfway there....:p
Oh great. Broken-in shoes, and broke-down feet.:laugh:

I'm an ardent walker. Picked up a pair of True Linkswear shoes on clearance. Very lightweight, flexible, thin sole, soft but quality grade leather, waterproof. Unique fit that instantly got my attention for the wide toe box, which provides lots of room so you can activate the toes, spread out the forefoot, much like how you might walk around the house in a pair of comfy slippers. The result is you really connect somehow with the course and can feel the slope and firmness in the greens or whereever. The heel is also very low to the ground, which helps me feel stable and oddly flatfooted. The shoe doesn't have a lot of structure or support, which makes it feel almost like you're swinging barefooted. It's not for everybody. But the sensation of balance and actually putting your feet to work in building the golfswing from the ground up is kinda cool. If you find 'em cheap and on clearance, I'd recommend 'em as a non-traditional shoe ideal for walkers. No chance of blisters ever with a shoe this soft and pliable. Traction is adequate from the slight nubs, but it might not be enough grab in wet conditions.

Picked some of PHX's up for $60 at Golfsmith recently. Haven't made it to the course with them yet but I'm excited to give them a try.

Cant find shoes I like in my size, 16EEE. I wear sneakers.

Never heard what? Not many choices for golf shoes in my size.
ajensenlarson.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_furyk02.jpg

:D

All in good fun, Jim.

Just got some contours with the BOA closure system. Awesome! On sale for $79. The BOA system is only on the big dollar shoes now.

I bought a pair of True Links soft spikes and they're the most comfortable golf spikes I've ever owned. I would highly recommend people at least try em on.

I've always worn traditional spike golf shoes. However, the last 4-5 rounds I've worn my tennis shoes instead and have played some of my best golf. Go figure.

I've always worn traditional spike golf shoes. However, the last 4-5 rounds I've worn my tennis shoes instead and have played some of my best golf. Go figure.

Do they allow spikes at the mini golf place? :D

R35

I still have my Adidas I got left-over on sale...original soft-spikes and they work great. Don't look as nice as they once did...

I'm an ardent walker. Picked up a pair of True Linkswear shoes on clearance. Very lightweight, flexible, thin sole, soft but quality grade leather, waterproof. Unique fit that instantly got my attention for the wide toe box, which provides lots of room so you can activate the toes, spread out the forefoot, much like how you might walk around the house in a pair of comfy slippers. The result is you really connect somehow with the course and can feel the slope and firmness in the greens or whereever. The heel is also very low to the ground, which helps me feel stable and oddly flatfooted. The shoe doesn't have a lot of structure or support, which makes it feel almost like you're swinging barefooted. It's not for everybody. But the sensation of balance and actually putting your feet to work in building the golfswing from the ground up is kinda cool. If you find 'em cheap and on clearance, I'd recommend 'em as a non-traditional shoe ideal for walkers. No chance of blisters ever with a shoe this soft and pliable. Traction is adequate from the slight nubs, but it might not be enough grab in wet conditions.

Gotta amend this review of True Linkswear shoes. While they are light and comfy, there's just too much slop in the toe box and my foot slides around. If you're standing on a hillside, there's just not adequate support to put an athletic swing on the ball. And the flatfooted sensation, which is great when standing on greens, has its limitations when making a full swing. Yesterday I returned to the traditional Footjoys and preferred the stability of firm sole and stiff leather uppers, the grip of real spikes, and the forward positioning of a raised heal. Felt like I was making a more assertive weight transfer and, as a result, a more powerful and controlled swing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520